Type R Piston Question!

Baldy201

95teg said:
well probably 10.5 but 11 would be nice.. so im actually not sure, the idea is yet in the air... so ur saying i have to use the type-r rods.. (what about b16 rods & pistons? would that change anything)?
You dont have to use Type R rods. GSR Rods will be fine. Type R rods are stronger and I believe lighter than the GSR Rods. B16B Rods will work also.

The B18C1, B18C5, and B16B rod are 1.96-2 mm narrower at the crank end (or rod "big end") and will not fit on the other Honda B series cranks or pistons. So if you use B16B rods on your GSR crank it will work. I cant seem to find the length of the B16B rod. Make sure that the rods are the same length as the GSR rods(137.9mm)

95teg

ok, icic.. so if i do use B16B rods and pistons, will i need to sleeve anything? or can i get away with just some simple honing?

Baldy201

Honing will be fine to get rid of all the scars of a used and abused engine. If you hone your walls you will need to buy oversized pistons for the amount that you took off. It is hard to tell how big you need to go untill you open the engine. If you take the engine to a reputable machine shop to do it they will tell you how much they are going to take off so you can compensate accordingly.

95teg

ahh, i knew it would come to a machine shop.. hard thing is there are ZERO anywhere around here and i dont really want to send it out..