Type R to good to be true?

phatintegra

Banned
I'm guess it's a misprint on the price instead of 2 should be 12 instead or it's scam. Call him up and i would fly down to go see it then if you like give him the payment in hand after you see the title and registration. They might be a lean on it you will never know.

Kiss My ASS

ight gents... I did this for shit and giggles. Seen this thread and check out the CL. Email the seller and surprising the seller reply back. Here it is......

RE: Integra type r
Juana Marie Thomas <juanathomas@verizon.net>
Add to Contacts
To: Tony ******* <*************@*****.com>

Hi, the car is still available and is located in rochester ny, the price for the car is $2,300, destination charges are included in the final price, which means that the shipping is included. As you've probably already seen on my CL ad, I decided to lower the price, to avoid wasting time with negotiations and find a buyer as soon as possible.
few words about the car: 1998 Acura Integra Type R, 4 Cylinder 1.8 Liter vtec engine, manual transmission - in great shape, no engine problems, oil changed properly. The car has always been stored inside, 88k miles. I have a clear title for it. VIN#: jh4dc2317ws004826.
Anyway, I want to tell you that I am currently on a trip for UNICEF, that's why I chose to sell my car over the internet and suggested using ebay for completing this deal. I've already included the car into ebay vehicle purchase protection, so I will sell ONLY through this. If you want to buy the car, I can give you a detailed description of the ebay vehicle purchase protection. Thanks, Juana Marie Thomas

j13

Keep It Clean
I did the same thing....

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 2:32 pm, Juana Marie Thomas wrote:
>Hi, the car is still available and is located in rochester ny, the price for the car is $2,300, destination charges are included in the final price, which means that the shipping is included. As you've probably already seen on my CL ad, I decided to lower the price, to avoid wasting time with negotiations and find a buyer as soon as possible.
>
>few words about the car: 1998 Acura Integra Type R, 4 Cylinder 1.8 Liter vtec engine, manual transmission - in great shape, no engine problems, oil changed properly. The car has always been stored inside, 88k miles. I have a clear title for it. VIN#:* jh4dc2317ws004826.
>
>Anyway, I want to tell you that I am currently on a trip for UNICEF, that's why I chose to sell my car over the internet and suggested using ebay for completing this deal. I've already included the car into ebay vehicle purchase protection, so I will sell ONLY through this. If you want to buy the car, I can give you a detailed description of the ebay vehicle purchase protection. Thanks, Juana Marie Thomas
>
>-----Original Message-----
>
>From: J**** J**** [mailto:***@tmail.com]
>Sent: Monday, 12 July, 2010 00:46
>To: juanathomas@verizon.net
>Subject: Acura Integra type r
>
>Do you still have the car?
>
>-J**** A. J****

OBEY POSSE GSR

ask and ye shall recieve
dude this thread has gone on long enough with 99% (that would be us ) saying scam and 1% (that would be you) sayiing its legit .. no offense but make ur own mistakes dude no ones gonna hold your hand and do it for u (unless u have a controlling gf then ur wipped lol :whip:) so buy it if thats what u feel is right or save up and keep lookin. :slap:. done done DONE

skylineguy2612

dude this thread has gone on long enough with 99% (that would be us ) saying scam and 1% (that would be you) sayiing its legit .. no offense but make ur own mistakes dude no ones gonna hold your hand and do it for u (unless u have a controlling gf then ur wipped lol :whip:) so buy it if thats what u feel is right or save up and keep lookin. :slap:. done done DONE
hey how bout you take a look at my last comment and find the huge amount of sarcasm in it.... ive agreed that its most likely a scam for the vast majority of the thread

Kiss My ASS

we should all mess with the seller saying we're interest in the car and what is the process in getting the car. i'm do it. who in? overwhelm the dude with lots of email. would be hella funny tho, LoL............

Greddy FLIP

Turbos cause DETONATION
clearly its a scam , most probable scenario that would happen if you go there to buy it you would prolly end up getting mugged or maybe even killd. if its too good to be TRUE then it is

j13

Keep It Clean
clearly its a scam , most probable scenario that would happen if you go there to buy it you would prolly end up getting mugged or maybe even killd. if its too good to be TRUE then it is
Read the sellers reply^^^

Its internet scam. You send them the money for the car, they receive the money, you don't get shit. Bottom line. :thumbs up

Last edited:

Gebo

I went through something similar on ebay. What really helped save me was I couldn't look at the car except through a fence in storage because he was out of the country. I couldn't drive it but he gave me this guarantee from ebay vehicle protection. Hmmm....

Tell him to send you the invoice with the ebay buyer's protection. It really looks legit. IT IS NOT!

I turned him in to ebay. If you have time to waste, play along so you can learn how to not be scammed....I'll bet you $20 he does not speak good english.

Last edited:

Gebo

Oh, when you ask him about the ebay protection program he will send you the form. Then go to ebay official site and find out they don't know what you are talking about. And when you call the number on the form they send you, don't be surprised if someone with exact same voice as your seller speaks with you. When you say is this (the name of the seller)? he will deny it and hang up. It's a great scam.