Use B16 head only for LS/VTEC's? help plz

Kinta94

iv heard that the b16 is better because you can do more to it. just what this guy at an import shop told me.
Uhh don't go to that shop anymore is my recommendation they obviously dont know what they are really talking about. The only thing "difficult" or different really is the intake manifold. Other wise every part you can use on a b16 you can use on any B series DOHC vtec head.

So, why is this in the "past winners section"?
haha good question.

esco115

Fawk a Title!
In stock form generally the b16 has a better flow, change the intake mani on the GSR to a single stage and you have such a small difference that its identical (air restriction wise).

This has been tested before by myself and others, I will get back with proof as soon as I find it somewhere in my mess of schematics and whatnot...

mohawk42s

be careful using the GSR head because the clearance is super tight...are you rebuilding the bottom end?

Kinta94

be careful using the GSR head because the clearance is super tight...are you rebuilding the bottom end?
Yes the valve clearances are tight but they aren't as horrible as people think yes the gsr head bumps up compression but it's only a big worry if the head is resurfaced/milled but no matter what get adjustable cam gears and there should be no worries.