Water in my trunk?

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
but drilling holes in the bottom of the tail lights are free. I don't mean the red part or any part that anyone will see while they are attached to your car. It does nothing but fix this problem. You get water in your trunk because water is suppose to drain down your trunk and hit your tail lights, then suppose to drain down your tail lights. The problem is water is getting in your tail lights and filling up, then leaking into your car. If you have the holes in the bottom, they won't fill up and the issue will be no longer.

If I'm not super lazy I will take one of my lights off and take a picture to show you mine. It rains a lot here now and my trunk is bone dry. I have a shawty gasket as well that does nothing to keep water out. I'll show you what I mean when I take a picture.

Papa_Dios

Welcome to the wonderful world of Integra ownership...My guess would be tail lights I had this problem for a while and turned out that my tail lights weren't bolted in all the way flush

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I had the water in the hatch problem, it was from bad taillight gaskets. I put in new ones, no more water in the hatch.

slickteggyGSR

ok well ill probably do everything because it sound like tail light gaskets go out a lot and ill probably do the antenna to but i think i may just get a new one

Tekniqal

I wanted to let future guests know that there is another potential cause for water in the trunk. The T-port that the antenna and sun roof drains into can become completely clogged. This was my case and I proved it by unplugging the main, large sunroof tube and then dribbling about 12 ml into the T-port. It would not drain. So i yanked pretty hard on the T-port to disconnect it from the body of the car. Discovered a LARGE plug of dirt and debris in the port. Cleaned that out and put everything back together. Problem solved. Since the drain was clogged, water backed up into the main sunroof tube and actually caused water leaking onto my front driver's side seat, it had no where else to go.

Peeples

Buy a replacement gasket.

Use the new and OLD gasket both at the same time on the same tail light.

I suggest silicon in between them and around it but its not 100% necessary.

i had the same problem.. but mine seemed to come from the antenna hole... isn't there a tube there as well? might want to check it out..

Dboy

Big Daddy
haha i totally thought i was the only person with this problem. it seemed so random but good to know theres help out there

Squigget

Me and my friend are having this same problem to. The spare tire area is all wet and i've seen moisture in one of my tail lights. I will prolly drill a hole...
My friend gutted out his whole trunk just to find the leak.. lol

Brian704

You really want to avoid drilling holes anywhere in your body. I did the same thing to relieve water and it ended up rusting up and it was a costly fix. Water + bare metal = lost of moolah
if you do decide to just spray it down with an clear coat of urethane.

mmyk

Forgive me for reviving an old thread. I have a 94 LS 4 door, NO Sunroof. So I too have 1 of these infamous leaks on the right side of the trunk. It'd soak a towel completely after a night of rain.

After reading a couple of threads in this forum, I removed the right taillight, peeled off the old gasket and got a new one from the dealer for $22. The install was easy, and Viola! No more leaks from the taillight. However, I still get another small leak on the right side of the trunk and I don't know where it's coming from.

The leak seems to be close to the right wall of the trunk. I can see a collection of water (maybe 2 tablespoon) after light rain now that my trunk lining is pulled out. So, it's not the taillights, not sunroof draining tubes, not antenna, any other suggestions?