Well I'm now an owner of my first Integra. Did I get taken to the cleaners?

Stopsign32v

Pros:

-Has just touched over 83,000 miles
-One owner never wrecked
-Car is 100% stock virgin
-Interior is in AMAZING condition. It literally looks new! :shock:
-Doesn't have an old car smell
-Never been smoked in which is a big plus to me cause I don't smoke

Cons:

-Paint looks to be original and needing help soon
-Missing antenna LOL
-Window on driver's side shakes when it goes up

Now what pisses me off is on Craigslist the price they listed was $4,495. I drive 3 hours to get there and they tell me there is a $399 dealer fee that I have to pay! GTFO I told them. Well after we went back and forth with pretty heated exchanges on my part they wouldn't freaking budge off the price. After missing work, driving that far, and the car was that nice and not beat to hell I had to get it. I ended up paying $4,400 out the door. Not sure if I got a decent deal or not. But I like the car alot and feel its a good platform to start at.

Now I have no idea what to do with it first. I don't have enough money to turbo it now. :( Fiance needs her a car for the baby. I will get pictures up tomorrow!!!

Stopsign32v

Also it has ACURA hub caps that just gotta go! Does anyone on here have some GSR wheels or something for sale?

rockadilla

thats right.
Pros:

-One owner never wrecked

Cons:

-Missing antenna LOL

Now what pisses me off is on Craigslist the price they listed was $4,495. I drive 3 hours to get there and they tell me there is a $399 dealer fee that I have to pay! GTFO I told them. Well after we went back and forth with pretty heated exchanges on my part they wouldn't freaking budge off the price. After missing work, driving that far, and the car was that nice and not beat to hell I had to get it. I ended up paying $4,400 out the door. Not sure if I got a decent deal or not. But I like the car alot and feel its a good platform to start at.

Now I have no idea what to do with it first. I don't have enough money to turbo it now. :( Fiance needs her a car for the baby. I will get pictures up tomorrow!!!
that alone makes it worth it IMO. im not saying u couldnt have got one cheaper, but itd be pretty hard to find one cheaper with low miles and that is 100% stock. at least where i live
:nopics:

Stopsign32v

I promise pictures will be up tomorrow when the sun comes out.

Also when should I change the timing belt and water pump? Honda dealership quoted me $599 including parts.

rockadilla

thats right.
I promise pictures will be up tomorrow when the sun comes out.

Also when should I change the timing belt and water pump? Honda dealership quoted me $599 including parts.

Around 90k miles, unless u want the peace of mind, then u can do it any time. Its really actually a pretty easy job, I just did mine, the hardest part for me was getting the crankshaft bolt off, but besides that if I did it again today I could probably have it done in well under 2 hours. But yeah $600 is about the average to have someone else do it.

cutaoden

noob
Pros:

-One owner never wrecked

Cons:

-Missing antenna LOL

damnn...a 97 ls 5 speed for that price is a good deal. AND its a virgin extra plus! now just dont rice it out :p

Stopsign32v

Thanks! You guys are making me feel better about the deal. I'm still kinda pissed at how this little used lot did the deal. Very shady IMO!

How much do you guys think I can get a decent paint job for? And what color is my car? Its a bright red. Is it Milano red? The paint is really the only thing that isn't that nice.

JohnCarter

Try waxing it with Nufinish. I've had good results with it. Red is the worst for fading in the sun. Be wise with your money. Any car can run just fine with faded paint. Put the $'s away and give the kid a decent education. He/she's gonna need it.