• old 2 door subaru 2.5 rs

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • keep the teggy

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters

speedin

The Transporter
dc2GS-R said:
its an awesome car if done right. first mods: bigger intercooler, bigger oil cooler, bigger radiator, new thermostat, and best gauges money can buy

also watch out for older engines. there is a little rubber o-ring behind the rotors that get dry out and crack as they get old. they are basically the equivalent of a head gasket as they hold coolant out of the combustion chamber. they don't let much pressure out when they are worn so its hard to tell a loss of power. but if coolant is slowly disappearing or you can smell it in the exhaust then it will require a rebuild.
i think its what im gonna do. rx7. i learned all about the little tests gonna rig a boost gauge when test driving to test the 10-8-10. imm gonna smell the exhaust till im high (lol). im gonna be real careful. their is so much info on this one site. my first mods are gonna be off this one guys post http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=27053 the one by jimlab

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
yep! that guy has mapped out for you pretty good. you should be alright if you follow his advice. just make sure you get a good car as a platform to start with and you'll be set

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
before you go deciding what you want, find out how much insurance will be. RX7 will be a grip, Evo too.

as for the RX7s being the best handling.. thats only the R1 version. all the other versions (base and touring) dont handle as well.

dont get a VR4, big and slow

dont swap your DD. keep it as stock as possible and less shit will happen

so what is wrong with your integra in the first place?

i say keep the teg for a little while, after youve weighed ALL the pros and cons.

your teg (im assuming) is paid for, decent on gas, reliable. why change?

LStegg

1 bad LS
I say keep the Teggy and boost it. but if you are going 2 stray go w/an EVO. VR-4 are as heavy as a Durango, Mazda's SUCK, and Suby's sound like a lawnmower. RX-7's are as reliable as a Ford, thats why they have a deal w/each other.EVO's are bad-ass and look it. People can hate on the 4G63 all they want but hand's down it 1 of the best boosted 4 bangers on the market period. And an EVO would hand a RX-7 its ass same w/a stupid 2.5 RS. Boosted Teg or EVO. :drive:

speedin

The Transporter
Eviloliv3 said:
before you go deciding what you want, find out how much insurance will be. RX7 will be a grip, Evo too.

as for the RX7s being the best handling.. thats only the R1 version. all the other versions (base and touring) dont handle as well.

dont get a VR4, big and slow

dont swap your DD. keep it as stock as possible and less shit will happen

so what is wrong with your integra in the first place?

i say keep the teg for a little while, after youve weighed ALL the pros and cons.

your teg (im assuming) is paid for, decent on gas, reliable. why change?
handling wise rx7 is best handling for its market. btw we got the r1 and r2 they were re titled touring and something else. their all the same basis as a car, so just put some nice tein race coilovers and their ya go. the vr4 is a monster but look at its times it still is quick. integra= automatic, slow,fwd,i only get like 24mpg, and bad paint

teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
i didnt really have time to read all the post in this thread but i would say an rx7 would be bad ass... but insurace will be sky high... especially since youre still a young driver. other then that i like the 3000gt but they are a bit on the heavy side so do some engine work and maybe a little weight reduction and it would probably be a pretty sweet ride. other than that im not big on 4 doors so i would say keep the teg for now. save your money and dont do any impulse buying because you may end up regretting your decision. just because you have the money for one now doesnt mean you should run out and get it when you may be able to wait a little longer and pick up something better for a few extra bucks.(not that you plan on doing any of that though... just saying)

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
speedin said:
handling wise rx7 is best handling for its market. btw we got the r1 and r2 they were re titled touring and something else. their all the same basis as a car, so just put some nice tein race coilovers and their ya go. the vr4 is a monster but look at its times it still is quick. integra= automatic, slow,fwd,i only get like 24mpg, and bad paint
the R1 version pulls about 1g of lateral force STOCK. why put coilovers on a already awesome handling car? just to look good. whatever

ive never heard of a R2. if it was labeled Touring, then it was Touring. VR4 a monster? ooooookkkkkkk... they run like low to mid 14s. yeah, its a monster all right.

integra = cheap, reliable, keep you out of trouble. 24 mpg aint bad. youll get less in every other car you chose

Gdep031

i say save up for the evo... its 1/2 a year but if u get it it will be worth the wait.. insurance is gonna hurt ur pockets though

1990TeGLs

Official CI Thread Jacker
evo= trouble......stick with the teg for a while....cause once u get a ticket with that evo ur insurance is gonna be fuked...

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
93 and 94 there was an R1 model that was a little lighter, has better suspension, more options and a better oil cooler. They did make an updated RX7 R2 model in 95. they are just much more rare since it was the last year model for the rx7 and they only made it for that one year. the touring model is nothing special really. go for an R1 or R2 if you can find it. the touring was just the regular rx7 and had an automatic tranny option

speedin

The Transporter
Eviloliv3 said:
the R1 version pulls about 1g of lateral force STOCK. why put coilovers on a already awesome handling car? just to look good. whatever

ive never heard of a R2. if it was labeled Touring, then it was Touring. VR4 a monster? ooooookkkkkkk... they run like low to mid 14s. yeah, its a monster all right.

integra = cheap, reliable, keep you out of trouble. 24 mpg aint bad. youll get less in every other car you chose
monster was ment to mean like a heavy weight (guess it only makes sence to me). and ive seen vr4 and skyline comparisons on option and vr4 wins the 1/4 over the r33. and the tein racing coilovers are DEF an upgrade

Asleep

I probably am
I'd personally get a new RS. Tight cars, find in good condition, livable insurance cost, and the swap down the road would make it run like a rabid cheetah. sure, it won't be the fastest thing of your list, but for ME I dont need absolute speed. and on a final note, stay away from the vr4. I've heard a lot of trouble stories first hand from my mechanic and racing friends.