what kind of HIDs to get?

jayyjayy88

my output makes your lights look like a old nightlight :p, all love though.
Damn looks nice. I've decided I want all white, no color. What if you did 7k with 55w? Would
That be brighter? What gets you the max out of your HID without retro fitting your headlights? 6k 35w looks good as well

PioneerLS

Even though retros are better, are somthing like 5000k 35w's brighter than stock? I need slightly better visibility

renarudo

What do you mean by maximum visibility? What do you have now since you got rid of your 6k?
I meant that with hid in the 4300-5000k has the most output/intensity IMO. The 6k just has a blue tint to it that's nice but it came down to just personal preference. I have the 4300k bulbs now and they make me happy.

Ganyon

I would have never gotten them, but I had a bulb blow and decided to just upgrade. Its mostly a color difference, but my lights do seem to project a bit farther. Its like always having the high beams on.

renarudo

Definitely an improvement over stock but it doesn't have the cutoff since the stock lenses are meant for HIDs. You will notice it when you drive next to a vehicle that comes with HIDs stock. Still better than paying for high end halogen bulbs and they last longer. Just remember to handle them with gloves.

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
I meant that with hid in the 4300-5000k has the most output/intensity IMO. The 6k just has a blue tint to it that's nice but it came down to just personal preference. I have the 4300k bulbs now and they make me happy.
I'd say from 4-7k ish you'll have your best visibility

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
A little lesson about visibility...

How much light will pass through?

As for how much better over stock.. depends on the condition of your stock housings. Usually youll get some better result of sorts.