what motor does my car have?

nick92

92 lowered da
hey just got a 92 integra, all i know is it dont have the stock motor. what is the easiest way for me to find out what my engine came out of.. i believe its a 1.8 non vtech.. also how do i figure out what model car i have, the car has no badges? thanks guys nubie to the acura seen

DeAngebro

Foster
You can tell what model it is by the vin number. Decoding the vin.

dlo253

It says on the block. If its 1.8 non vtec, that's the stock motor. Unless u have a 92 gsr.....

R13

The other asshole
You have a 92 LS that originally came with a non vtec 4 speed automatic.

The engine code is here

If you wanna post pics go to Imgur or create a photobucket account upload the image you want and copy paste the

Last edited:

DarkDB1

Is your valve cover smooth or have bumps?
That's not a very good indication. The valve covers are interchangeable on the B-Series non vtec engines... And the B18B and B20 have "smooth" surface covers.

Agree'd to the picture, That stamp will tell you what engine you have... And decode the vin and you'll find out what you have.

Here's the Vehicle Identification Numbers from the 92 and 93 Integra Service Manuals. This includes US and CDN models.

Example VIN
JH4DB2381NS000001

Seperate the VIN like this
JH4 DB2 3 8 1 N S 000001

JH4 = Manufacturer, Make and Type of Vehicle
JH4: HONDA MOTOR CO. LTD. JAPAN. ACURA Passenger Car

DB2 = Body Type
DA9: INTEGRA 3D-Hatchback 1800
DB1: INTEGRA 4D-Sedan 1800
DB2: INTEGRA 3D-Hatchback 1700

3 = Door and Transmission Type
3: 3-door 5-speed Manual
4: 3-door 4-speed Automatic
5: 4-door 5-speed Manual
6: 4-door 4-speed Automatic

8 = Vehicle Grade
4: RS
5: LS
6: GS
7: GS with leather seats & steering wheel cover
8: GS-R (3-door only)
8: LSS

1 = Check Digit, disregard

N = Model Year
L: 1990
M: 1991
N: 1992
P: 1993

S = Factory Code
S: Suzuka Factory

800001 = Serial Number
U.S. Model: Starting from 000001
Canada Model: Starting from 800001
Since you said your VIN is "jh4da9451ns036038"... It's a 1992 Automatic LS. (Just as R13 said)

A easier way to tell them apart in a pinch is the options... GS's have all the options as a LS but have ABS brakes, On LS's everything is optional but ABS brakes was not available, RS's have black non foldable mirrors, black door handles, no power options and slider nobby thingy climate control... GSR's of course have a B17A1 VTAK engine, painted moldings, "VTEC" on the fender molding, Spoiler with 3rd brake light and no brake light in the back window.

nick92

92 lowered da
ok guys i still coudnt find the stamp on this thing, but i got a pic up on my profile of the engine if anyone knows thanks

nick92

92 lowered da
i know just about everthing else about it but what motor it is.lol. its got a full exaust headers back, skunk2 70cc throttle body, the intake,auto shift kit, skunk2 lowering kit, chipped ecu. im pretty sure its a 1.8 but dont know wich one and what car it came out of.. are all 1.8 oil filters the same size? someone look at pic on my profile and c if u know what it is thanks