what motor does my car have?

R13

The other asshole
Looks like a b18a1 but as mentioned before the valve covers are changeable.

Last edited:

nick92

92 lowered da
thanks dude thats what i thought it was. is that what comes in a 92 ls? cause the boy i bought it said it had been swaped. and im throwing a couple dash lights. check engine < he said cause of the headers, made since.. oil lights on< said he had no clue and its been on since he got car a couple weeks before me. it fades darker n lighter.. cruise dont work. it works on dash and wheel but i dont catch it like it should, so to me all these seem to be from a swap possibly? how hard is it to rewire the cruise sensor to make it work if that is the case? thanks

R13

The other asshole
ok so here's what you do

Go to this spot on your engine block

here you will find this stamp or code

As you see in the pic above this engine is a b18c2

Sometimes you will not be able to find it right away so take a tooth brush and some sort of cleaner I recommend this

You can get it at Oreilly autoparts for the price in the picture, I got 2 cans for $5 last time I went

then just spray it on that area of the engine and use the tooth brush to clean the grease away so you can read the code and you will have the answer :thumbup:

Last edited:

DeAngebro

Foster
What car came with a b18c2? I've never even heard of that o_O

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
ok so here's what you do

Go to this spot on your engine block

here you will find this stamp or code

As you see in the pic above this engine is a b18c2

Sometimes you will not be able to find it right away so take a tooth brush and some sort of cleaner I recommend this

You can get it at Oreilly autoparts for the price in the picture, I got 2 cans for $5 last time I went

then just spray it on that area of the engine and use the tooth brush to clean the grease away so you can read the code and you will have the answer :thumbup:
are these two different engines in the pics? the top pic is non vtec and the bottom pic is a vtec motor code?

nick92

92 lowered da
hey hey i found it thanks guys and you were correct its a b18a1.. is that what came in a 92ls? is the 7 digit code under it the serial number or what does that stand for. mine is 3333508.

94RS

No fucks given.
are these two different engines in the pics? the top pic is non vtec and the bottom pic is a vtec motor code?
They are two different motors. The pics were probably done like that because they're clear, straight shots of the locations.

DeAngebro

Foster
hey hey i found it thanks guys and you were correct its a b18a1.. is that what came in a 92ls? is the 7 digit code under it the serial number or what does that stand for. mine is 3333508.
It is the same engine that your car came with.

96LSteg

Jemel
I like my LS trans. A lot of ppl hype up the GSR and b16 trans

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk