What should I look for when purchasing a manual car?

Tripstripper

Hey, I'm currently looking on purchasing a manual integra. Being the age of the car, most of the ones for sale locally are pretty beat down and not in the best condition. What should I look for when purchasing a used manual car?

I look for clean interior, any repaired body damage, oil, engine, undercarriage, etc.

Last edited:

94RS

No fucks given.
A clutch pedal and a gear selector stick. Maybe a shift knob too :thumbs up

94RS

No fucks given.
My sarcasm is rubbing off on the rest of CI.... That's not a good sign :rolf:

R13

The other asshole
Well it is kinda positive to be fair, I mean it put a smile on your face, Only sick bastards like me smile over something negative. :lol:

Sent from my toaster

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
LOL I was expecting positive feedback... thats why I posted here and not Honda-tech.
Well it's because most of what your looking for is general information.
We cater to people who spend more than 5 mins on this forum. Whom all they ask is to take and not give back.

PM muckman of clubintegra, if he's in a good mood he'd school you.

You'll be lucky if his inbox isn't full though.

Tripstripper

Well it is kinda positive to be fair, I mean it put a smile on your face, Only sick bastards like me smile over something negative. :lol:

Sent from my toaster
not going to lie made my day lol .

Well it's because most of what your looking for is general information.
We cater to people who spend more than 5 mins on this forum. Whom all they ask is to take and not give back.

PM muckman of clubintegra, if he's in a good mood he'd school you.

You'll be lucky if his inbox isn't full though.
I've been here for a while, planning on buying a manual integra, I look for clean interior, any repaired body damage, oil, engine, undercarriage, etc.

On a manual what do I check for? as in transition of gears?

R13

The other asshole
Smooth gear changes, Clutch noises (Usually a light squealing noise) and make sure the clutch engages and disengages smoothly.

To check for clutch noises pull it out of gear and let the clutch out at idle, You will hear it (if there is one) when you let the pedal out.

Sent from my toaster

Tripstripper

Smooth gear changes, Clutch noises (Usually a light squealing noise) and make sure the clutch engages and disengages smoothly.

To check for clutch noises pull it out of gear and let the clutch out at idle, You will hear it (if there is one) when you let the pedal out.

Sent from my toaster
thanks

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
Don't worry so much if the shifter is wobbly. It's pretty common and a result of either shifter bushings or the linkage u-joint.
Bushings are like $20 and can be done in 30 min. The linkage is about $120-$150