What Suspension Setups are you on?

DarkDB1

you're a f***in idiot, they even say right on the advertisements that you can keep your stock struts. Learn the product before you say anything, you in fact shouldn't give advice on it. That's probably why my rep is double yours, I actually know Wtf I'm talking about.....
Oooh, The emo christian is mad :roll: .

I just googled Tein S-Tech's with stock shocks and it pulls up a bunch of other forums asking if it'll be a good idea to run them on stocks... RX8club, NSXPrime, Yarisworld, G35driver, audizine, clublexus, tsxclub, hondacivicforum and club-tc all on the first page, Every one of those threads everyone says no. It looks like you believe anything a company or a book will tell you (that can go in more then one way :lol:).

Stock shocks are soft and any sort of drop will shorten their life span drastically then they will blow... It actually never looks like you know "wtf" you're talking about, I've been watching your habits you are a band wagoner... If someone sounds like they know what their talking about you will be the first to ride their nuts, I even saw an example in one thread you told a guy to kill himself for thinking about putting a G3 front on a DA because everyone was saying "omfg it'll be ugly", Then in another thread a guy was asking why everyone hated body kits where everyone was saying its personal opinion and you said something along the lines of everyone will hate on something... Try thinking for yourself kid and its not cool to follow every single trend and before you want to give car advice make your car look presentable and not a heaping pile or rice crap. Yes, I know you bought it that way but you could of passed on buying it because of the fact you'll be rolling around in that POS... It tells me that you thought it looked cool when you bought it then realized after joining some forums that everyone says its ugly so you'll think its ugly. way to think of yourself.

I've been around years before you. So take a seat, do research on everyones personal experiences with products, make your car look presentable so people will take you serious and until then... Just hush and pray for knowledge. :roll:

hgocasca

level 77 troll
We actually just lowered a friends car Tuesday with the s tech's, stock STRUTS, no issues. Other people I know, plus my own experience with that setup, says its fine, and I'm not an emo you fuckin Ass pirate, I know about your under the radar habits. And I'm not a fuckin kid, I'm 22 on Tuesday.....a year younger than you....I'm not a band "wagoner", I put in my 2cents when I have an opinion. I've been around cars my whole life, I'm not worried about how long you've been on a site. Everyone knows my plans with my teg, at least the people who's opinion I care about. I'd highly recommend dropping the subject, you're on the border of sounding like an idiot. You read 5+ sites for their opinions, instead of first hand experience. You sound like the band wagoner. I am against bastardizing multiple generations together, but I also have a differing opinion from other people. And there will be haters, take our conversation for example. I think before I give advice to people instead of just being an Ass like you. Hence why people respect what I say. Last person I argued with ended up +1 repping me after we were both adult enough to realize we were being silly. So I'll be the adult and apologize for being rude, I'd like to keep the love on this site instead of a high school atmosphere. Despite whatever your response is to this, I'll continue to provide you and anyone else with my best FIRSTHAND experience and advice. I would never steer someone wrong intentionally cuz I too look for advise from people who know certain things I may not. And please don't ever bring religious subjects as a weapon to the table, that's just wrong. Period.
/rant.

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Oh, and I was on this site before I got this teg. I got the teg a week before Christmas. I already knew it was rice, I'm trying to derice it as I'm typing this, scheduling bodywork and paint. I joined when I had my old teg, oem exterior, built b16a swap. I'm a factory exterior type of guy, always have been. reason for getting this one=145k on a 21yr old car......better than most cars I've ever seen. A good starting platform gives you a better finished product.

00DC2TW

Rode stock shocks on my 96 civic with tein springs for over 3 years and the shocks were the same ones the car rolled off the assembly line. Those stock shocks had over 130,000 miles. The tein s tech springs and shocks I have on my integra were installed in 2005 and were the OEM shocks from a 1994 integra with over 200,000+ miles on the stock shocks, stil aren't blown out after 6 years and 100,000+ miles of being lowered.

Yes of course the best way to lower a car is to buy coil overs, camber kits, and lower control arms, I was handed the tein S tech's for free. The drop on s tech's isn't even that dramatic, that if you set the alignment right (toe), you won't see any tire "scrubbing" or harsh premature wear. The inside might wear slightly more, and by slightly I mean less than 1/32... Where people have problems with lowering springs and stock shocks is when they buy springs that drop 1-2" more than the tein s-tech's, and they don't get an alignment afterward. Stock shocks can hold a 1-2" drop easily and reliably, but anything more than that your asking for trouble in terms of prolonging the life of shocks and the tire.

Last edited:

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Rode stock shocks on my 96 civic with tein springs for over 3 years and the shocks were the same ones the car rolled off the assembly line. Those stock shocks had over 130,000 miles. The tein s tech springs and shocks I have on my integra were installed in 2005 and were the OEM shocks from a 1994 integra with over 200,000+ miles on the stock shocks, stil aren't blown out after 6 years and 100,000+ miles of being lowered.

Yes of course the best way to lower a car is to buy coil overs, camber kits, and lower control arms, I was handed the tein S tech's for free. The drop on s tech's isn't even that dramatic, that if you set the alignment right (toe), you won't see any tire "scrubbing" or harsh premature wear. The inside might wear slightly more, and by slightly I mean less than 1/32... Where people have problems with lowering springs and stock shocks is when they buy springs that drop 1-2" more than the tein s-tech's, and they don't get an alignment afterward. Stock shocks can hold a 1-2" drop easily and reliably, but anything more than that your asking for trouble in terms of prolonging the life of shocks and the tire.
Thank you, this one of many people I was referring to, Nick, you rock bro, you just proved my point. Since I don't know what I'm talking about......owned......

He may have had a set of stock shocks last a while on lowering springs, but I guarantee they didn't have the ride quality of a proper set up. Maybe I'm just too picky about how my car rides.

hgocasca

level 77 troll
He may have had a set of stock shocks last a while on lowering springs, but I guarantee they didn't have the ride quality of a proper set up. Maybe I'm just too picky about how my car rides.
I had a set on my 92eg, they were kinda stiff, but cornered like a beast. It's always about personal preference but fact of everything said so far, my original suggestion was correct and a decent one at that, he asked what I had, I told him. And got bitched at for it.

sumfilipinodude

The previous owner of my car lowered the car on eibach springs on stock struts I think. I'm not exactly sure but I know that my car is lowered at least an inch. And thecar has been running fine since 1998, that's when the previous owner installed the springs.

So I'm fine for now..