What to do with my teg?

teggnewbie

I just got my first car for christmas im not 16 for another 11 months but i would like to have it modded before then so i can start saving for car insurance and other expenses that come with a car. I will be working this summer to make the money to do these mods and im just wondering what should i do with my teg mod and performance wise. Im not a mechanic but i can do minor tweaks like headers, exhaust and the intake and other easy to do mods. I have a 1996 acura integra ls 4dr but i dont know where to start when it comes to buying quality body kits, rims, and other parts. Someone give me some ideas and sites to start looking for parts. also it wont start at the moment i think its the coil could that keep it from starting?

Ohbuckeyes

Don't get a body kit, or rims over 16 inches, no under glow or neon lights.
Just stick with basic bolt ons, exhaust/header/intake. Get a set of coil overs so you can lower and raise your car as you wish. Window tint isn't a bad option either to give the car a different look.

But I know most teens tend to spend the money on a body kit, and by the time youre 17-18 you'll regret it and wish you'd spent that money else where.

Just my opinion where I've learner from experience, but it's your car and you should do what ever you want to it!

Havok114

Do what you want with it the car belongs to you, but body kits are a waste of money lol.
Is the integra a 5speed?

Sent from my pager

Havok114

And as for the not starting part we need more info to help you out.

Sent from my pager

96LSteg

Jemel
I don't want to sound like I'm being mean but read other peoples threads and take from them what you like and make it your own. If people come here and give you their opinions you might as well drive their car because they are gonna tell you what they think you should do. Do what YOU want to do to it. Don't follow a trend, make it unique. I can almost bet that someone is gonna come in here and say do LS Vtec or a full vtec swap or boost. Seeing as how you don't have a job yet you probably can't afford any of those routes so just research and take the time to set a realistic power goal, and a budget and then go from there.

94RS

No fucks given.
You're 15 and you got an Integra for Christmas? Seriously...?

What you should do to is is keep it stock for a while. Cops already profile modified Honda's because of all the damn ricers that give Honda enthusiasts a bad image, add being 16 in a modded car.... You'll receive unwanted attention all the time. Happened to me at 19 (when my car ran), and it was completely stock.

Oh, and don't even think about ruining a DB7 by putting on a body kit unless you make it look like like DailyDB8's car.

drevans_satx

Dylan
This is coming from somebody who was 16 not too long ago...

You're on a tight budget. The number one cost of owning an older car is when it breaks down. Buy yourself a manual (chilton, haynes, wharever) and read up on the problems that teggy's have. When it breaks fix it yourself and save major bucks. Before you modify do your preventative maintenance. What happens when you drop 700 on struts and springs and have no more cash? Then your timing belt is starting to fray at the sides! That's a pretty cheap job do DIY, but expensive at the mechanic, but wait no more cash. See what I mean here?

Now by this point say you've taken care of everything. That car runs fresh, and like it rolled off the line. It looks pretty good with some wax, but you DD it and you want more. Start with your interior. You sit in it EVERY DAY. Make that stuff comfy. You'd be surprised how fun your drive can be with a new set of speakers, a head unit, and a good song. And it'll give you a small intro to wiring and dissassembly, while being semi cheap with an INSTANT gratification.

In all you're young, a 4-door ls is gonna take work to go fast, so make it look good, sound good, and fun to be in.

teggnewbie

its an automatic stock b18 non vtec and i think from doing research a body kit isnt the way to go but rims are a must can anyone send me a link on a video on how to do coil overs i appreciate the replies made me realize that money will be tight

Jayteg

its an automatic stock b18 non vtec and i think from doing research a body kit isnt the way to go but rims are a must can anyone send me a link on a video on how to do coil overs i appreciate the replies made me realize that money will be tight
Here's an easy start, find some clean oem wheels from an old Crx, civic si or integra gsr at a junkyard. Put some low pro tires and paint them which is easy DIY. Bam you just spent like 300$ on some clean wheels. Paint your calipers for like 30$-50$, valve cover, swap your steering wheel "that's 35-40$" just simple mods that actually add up to a clean ass ride that you'll love. Check out the mcm YouTube channel. Teaches you how to do east mods for cheap. Have fun!

Last edited:

94RS

No fucks given.
Well since it's an automatic like mine, I'm gonna give you an idea of what I'll eventually do to my car.

Simple, clean daily driver/cruiser.

- Intake, header, exhaust. Powder coated valve cover. Clean the engine bay with Engine Brite before anything else.
- Si-VTEC front lip. Si-VTEC corner lights. Black housing headlights.
- 16 inch wheels.
- Clean interior.
- Lowered.
- Upgrade brakes.

Call it a day. :thumbs up

94RS

No fucks given.
Check out the mcm YouTube channel. Teaches you how to do east mods for cheap. Have fun!
MCM does have some decent tutorials. I followed their interior steam cleaning video and my car both looks 1000x better and didn't smell like a fat middle-eastern guy slept in it any more.

DON'T follow their Civic build though. They put all the "mods" that you shouldn't on that poor hatch.

Edit: Why swap steering wheels? Especially with a "$35-40" one? That seems like asking for it to snap when you barely lean on it.

Last edited:

Jayteg

MCM does have some decent tutorials. I followed their interior steam cleaning video and my car both looks 1000x better and didn't smell like a fat middle-eastern guy slept in it any more.

DON'T follow their Civic build though. They put all the "mods" that you shouldn't on that poor hatch.

Edit: Why swap steering wheels? Especially with a "$35-40" one? That seems like asking for it to snap when you barely lean on it.
That's just a suggestion if you want an aem steering wheel. You can by some decent ones that come with the adapter for 35-40$

teggnewbie

i wanted to paint the valve cover cause the paint was peeling but i cant seem to get it off can anyone make a tutorial?