what's a good brake kit?

blacknightteg

I drive a Reject Special
alright so i need to chang out my rotors and what have you soon. they are warped and causing vibrations on slowing down so i want to get this done soon. what is a good inexpensive break kit in yalls opinion? im not looing to rip my arm off to buy one, i just want something maybe a lil better then OEM

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
For my daily driver that sees some occassional spirited driving I use the Stoptech Stage 2 kit. It comes with Stoptech slotted rotors, Stoptech braided lines, Motul RBF600 brake fluid and your pads of choice. (i use the Hawks). The kit runs about $500 for all 4 corners which isn't a bad deal at all.

That kit will significantly improve braking over stock, while still being streetable and not wearing too bad. IT won't hold up to well against a some true summer open track days though

blacknightteg

I drive a Reject Special
i dont do track days, so im not looking for something crazy or anything. i just wants something close to oem. but a tad bit better. i honestly am not really even looking to get calipers. just a good set of rotors is all, unless the pricing is good.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
The Stoptech Stage 2 kit isn't a big brake kit. It's just a good set of rotors with good pads, better lines and good fluid.

blacknightteg

I drive a Reject Special
ah na i understand. ill look into it. just not sure if im going to go all out like that right now

Vtec-Pwr

OPP-O1-OH-DC2
does that stage 2 stoptech kit including the calipers or just slotted rotors, brake lines???

g3teg97

Super Moderator
We've covered this before, but the best bang for your buck is just good rotors and pads. My setup consists of Hawk HPS pads, DBA 4000 slotted rotors, RBF 600 brake fluid and Goodridge stainless steel lines. Night and day difference.

You don't need to spend the same amount I did on rotors ($119 a piece) to get the same results. The stoptech kit that dc2GS-R stated.

blacknightteg

I drive a Reject Special
i honestly was just thinking about getting a set of brembo blanks and a set of ceramic pads and new brake fluid. do i REALLY need new lines?

g3teg97

Super Moderator
You'll notice the difference in the pedal feel. They're stainless so they'll never rust and should never have a problem and with the price only at $110 for all four, why not. What pads were you thinking about getting?

blacknightteg

I drive a Reject Special
im not sure. im not realy that knowledgable on brakes and what have you. but it being my dail. im not looking for mad money spending. i didnt really want to spend 500 dollars on a break kit right now. call me cheap or what ever, but its a daily, i dont feel like its worth it.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
You could just turn your stock rotors and get good pads and fluid for now if you're on a real tight budget. Then upgrade the rotors later on.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
I only paid $60 for the front and $45 for the back for the Hawk pads. Look into another set of rotors. Usually brembo is a little higher price than others...