what's a good brake kit?

blacknightteg

I drive a Reject Special
how much did you pay for it? honestly im not looking to spend over a grand for a brake kit, im not tracking my car yet. it will be a while before i do so.

im thinking about replacing all 4 rotors. but should all of em be slotted/cross drilled?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
slotted are better than cross drilled i herd. Slotted and those Hawk HPS Pads with some stainless steel lines shouldnt be more than 500

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
how much did you pay for it? honestly im not looking to spend over a grand for a brake kit, im not tracking my car yet. it will be a while before i do so.

im thinking about replacing all 4 rotors. but should all of em be slotted/cross drilled?
I got all four rotors for less than $200. And I got the pads (front/rear) for less than $150. I would recommend slotted over cross-drilled. And I agree with Dylan. You should definitely upgrade to stainless steel lines and get some good brake fluid like Endless or Motul. :thumbs up

blacknightteg

I drive a Reject Special
whats the purpose of stainless steal brake lines? i mean im sure it has to do with them not snapping or anything of that nature. but i honestly just need new rotors and pads. im not autox'ing my car or anything so preformance a long the lines of agressive breaking is not a concern.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
whats the purpose of stainless steal brake lines? i mean im sure it has to do with them not snapping or anything of that nature. but i honestly just need new rotors and pads. im not autox'ing my car or anything so preformance a long the lines of agressive breaking is not a concern.
Stainless lines are obviously more durable than the rubber ones. Also, stainless lines prevent air pockets from forming. You don't have to get them, it was just a suggestion. I mean, you might as well upgrade them since you're upgrading the pads and rotors anyway right? It's up to you bro.

blacknightteg

I drive a Reject Special
Stainless lines are obviously more durable than the rubber ones. Also, stainless lines prevent air pockets from forming. You don't have to get them, it was just a suggestion. I mean, you might as well upgrade them since you're upgrading the pads and rotors anyway right? It's up to you bro.
na i understand. definetly understandt he suggestion. im just putting myself on a tight budget cause i still haev to get my b20 tuned but have been needing new rotors for a while.so i dont have a lot and non necessary expense i can avoid, i really need to. i mean i might at one point get them unless i can get them for cheap.

i really honestly dnot want to spend anymore then about 300, all i really want are some pads and rotors.