What's everyone's line of work and salary?

jbrown97ls

Credit cards are great. Use other peoples money while mitigating risk to yourself. Theres no reason why you cant pay it off in full every month.
I think I only dislike them because I've yet to need one for a large purchase such as a new car,house, etc... I'd rather just save up for a few months for any other item.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
All you need is a couple of kids then BAM; welfaaaaaaaaaaare! That's why I have a sticker on my car that says "sponsored by you"... Nobody really understands it though :evil:

R13

The other asshole
Its still a disadvantage but its probably one of the only white collar professions where you can do well without college. Of course it always depends on the hiring manager and company values. I found that managers who themselves didn't have a college degree were more likely to take you seriously as they know text book experience is meaningless. Then of course your job performance allows advancement and resume building. I had my first IT job 6 months out of high school where I greatly exaggerated my experience and bullshitted my way in the door. From there its resume building.
Lol, Good info! Any tips?

Sent from my toaster

phatintegra

Banned
How did you get into doing consulting on your own? Did you work for a firm and gain experience first?
I been in the work field for over 15 years. I got tired of making the privet sector money. I went into consulting. I already had plenty of connection with the line of work I already have with the privet sector and federal government.

SoundEfx

I think I only dislike them because I've yet to need one for a large purchase such as a new car,house, etc... I'd rather just save up for a few months for any other item.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Never put large purchases on your credit card.
The interest rate is ridiculous.

The proper reason to have a credit card is to raise your credit score.
If you're responsible and disciplined enough to buy only what you have the money for and pay it of in full every month, you'll be in the 800's in no time.
Especially if you don't have any other debt.

95B18BTurbo

yes...he will feel otherwise after being shot at :lol: (Im 11B army NG)
QFT! Nothing like the getting blown up at 0630 and then it raining bullets, RPG's, and 82mm mortars for the next 10.5 hours!

Lol. My Sargeant has changed me D:

Sended from my phone
Might as well start you on the right path, but just so you know it's spelled Sergeant. :lol:

I bet you will be a very changed person after the Army gets done with you!

Last edited:

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
Might as well start you on the right path, but just so you know it's spelled Sergeant. :lol:

I bet you will be a very changed person after the Army gets done with you!
Oh. I prefer to use SGT haha

And thats what I want. I feel like a baby living at home with mom and dad and being cared for. I want to experience the outside world and what better way than joining infantry!

My Active Duty contract ends when I will be 21 y/o. I'll still be young, but well matured and ready to face the adult civilian world.