What's wrong with Ebay coilovers?

beatfanatikz

I'm not saying I'm finna get them but .lol.wat is the difference between the eBay coilovers and the non eBay ones? besides quality because my friend is on eBay coilovers and til this day 3 years later with them he still has no problem with them..I'm not getting any in the near future i just wanna kno if there is a big difference between them..thanks alot in advance

eiznekeM

It's been said before and I'll reiterate that: Ebay is not a brand of anything. Ebay is a place where people sell stuff. This Ebay stigma nonsense is people buying the stupid cheap, bullshit fake products expecting them to work and blaming it on "Oh, it was from ebay". Reputable brands can be bought on there, don't buy the shitty stuff. Ebay= Online auctions.

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
It's been said before and I'll reiterate that: Ebay is not a brand of anything. Ebay is a place where people sell stuff. This Ebay stigma nonsense is people buying the stupid cheap, bulls*** fake products expecting them to work and blaming it on "Oh, it was from ebay". Reputable brands can be bought on there, don't buy the s***ty stuff. Ebay= Online auctions.
I hate when people say things like "eBay seats" or "eBay anything..."

eBay is not a company that makes any product. It is a website that people can buy and sell things from all over the world. Cheap product that is sold on that site is usually from some ghetto factory in China. I love eBay. I have purchased many name branded things from that site for a fraction of the price that you would get it from anywhere else.
Yes it has. I hate when people say that.

I have F&F Type 2's on and like them.

Rx7driver4Life

It's been said before and I'll reiterate that: Ebay is not a brand of anything. Ebay is a place where people sell stuff. This Ebay stigma nonsense is people buying the stupid cheap, bulls*** fake products expecting them to work and blaming it on "Oh, it was from ebay". Reputable brands can be bought on there, don't buy the s***ty stuff. Ebay= Online auctions.
We get the point.
Fact of the matter ebay is know for a place to get the cheapest parts. There for the cheapest coilovers will be deemed ebay coilovers. And we all know you get what you pay for. Ebay coilovers can be interpenetrated as to the cheapest coilovers on the site.

You know what he meant by ebay coilovers, i knew and 99% of the people that know a splinter of car stuff know what he meant. No need to add fuel to a loosing fire.

Just my opinion. No need to be so uptight about it.

Jackmldog

Jack
We get the point.
Fact of the matter ebay is know for a place to get the cheapest parts. There for the cheapest coilovers will be deemed ebay coilovers. And we all know you get what you pay for. Ebay coilovers can be interpenetrated as to the cheapest coilovers on the site.

You know what he meant by ebay coilovers, i knew and 99% of the people that know a splinter of car stuff know what he meant. No need to add fuel to a loosing fire.

Just my opinion. No need to be so uptight about it.
I believe he stated that just fine. It seems you would be the one who is trying to start something when he was just giving his opinion which has been stated multiple times since I have been on this site. SOME ebay stuff is fine. I bought a $45 no name radiator off there for my Ford Expedition and it has been on there for two years with no problem. Suspension is not something that should not be cheated on but if you are strapped for cash and have no other option for a part that gave it, it will have to do; and sometimes if you're lucky it will be just what you needed

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
so what would happen if you get ground control sleeves on some stock shocks and dump it? it'll still ride like crap after a few weeks :rolf:

eiznekeM

I believe he stated that just fine. It seems you would be the one who is trying to start something when he was just giving his opinion which has been stated multiple times since I have been on this site. SOME ebay stuff is fine. I bought a $45 no name radiator off there for my Ford Expedition and it has been on there for two years with no problem. Suspension is not something that should not be cheated on but if you are strapped for cash and have no other option for a part that gave it, it will have to do; and sometimes if you're lucky it will be just what you needed
Thank you, +1 sir. I was just settin' buddy off on the right foot, no hate to be spread. x2 On yer ebay comments.

beatfanatikz

I didn't mean eBay makes the coilovers, I meant like the manufacturers the makes the coilovers for like 60-70 bucks..but I appreciate u guys setting me on the right foot..so wat u mean by ground control?

dsgb

Ebay sold coilovers as in? The knock off brands im assuming because you can purchase top of the line suspension on ebay as well lol but the difference between the cheap ones and expensive is.... Smoothness and bump steer problems cheap coilovers are not a horrible thing if your chick dont mind smashing her head into the roof everytime u hit a bump :HA: there ok if you dont mind pulling into a parking lot squeeking like a 74 lincoln and there deffinatly good if you like hitting a bump going into a corner and losing control sending ur car into a sedan full of innocent ppl all because you were to ansy and cheap to save ur money and make ur car into something legit and nice..hell get you a windshield sticker that says powerd by ebay that would be sweet..

b20vtec MFer

..hell get you a windshield sticker that says powerd by ebay that would be sweet..
might of took it too far with that bit haha but i would suggest to the OP to save your money up and get either a full coilover or a strut and coil combo because otherwise your going to blow your stockies in no time like coy mentioned

dsgb

Hahaha it sounded good lol ah they really aint that bad just a lil ruff ive had lots of cars with them lol

b20vtec MFer

haha it did sound good. made me giggle like a schoolgril :thumbs up

let me know if you ever find a decal like that ;) ill get one