Which ECU LS/Vtec

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
Hondata is not compatible with automatics and he already stated that he is sticking with the auto for his own reasons
just trying to see if he would think of considering it...cuz honestly that ls/vtec wont run that good with a gsr ecu... and ive learned that from experience with my friends car

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
Why won't it run good on a stock ecu, I'm confused?
from my experience...the air/fuel maps are different based on the geometry of the motor... ive seen a stock gsr map and a "stock" ls/vtec setup and their air/fuel maps are very different... i would check into phearable.net and see if they can give you a ecu...

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Your right they are a little different, I wouldn't use the LS map on a GSR but it would be ok to use the gsr map on an ls/vtec.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
It will run fine but it will run much better tuned. Considering who knows what compression ratio, cams and what not someone may choose to run in an LS/VTEC setup. The stock maps just aren't ideal. They will work, but not to it's full potential

nicoalex2

ok set me straight, ive heard u can use a p28 auto ecu on an ls/vtec auto.
i saw it on TI and thought about doing it to the extra motor i have in my garage.