Which ECU LS/Vtec

White_Rabbit

Ok please read the entire post before you flame or start making comments.

I have a 2001 Integra LS...AUTO...yes its an auto and yes I'm modding it. Thats not my question so please don't suggest it. I have my reasons for wanting to. The biggest is I have a bum knee and I got rid of my manual because I got tired of limping away after driving every day. But anyways heres my problem.

I know most people just use a Vtec ECU when they do the swap. However, its not so easy to find a Vtec ECU that is from an automatic is it? How would you recommend I control my vtec on an auto. I did search but haven't really found many people doing LS/Vtec on an Auto tranny. I ran across a sweet deal and an almost complete LS/Vtec setup so I picked it up. Piecing together the last few pieces but I need to know how I'm going to control it.

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers me seriously and doesn't reply with "Why mod an auto?" "Sell it buy a manual" "Just swap to a manual" "Stick with simple bolt ons"

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Get a gsr automatic ecu. Also they had automatic b16s in japan. The Ferio had a b16 in it and was sold in autos. They are rare but can be had.

Last edited:

Spody02

Name: Cody
i know they can do auto to manual changes on ecu, well atleast my tuner can
so maybe your tuner can do the opposite and change it from a manual to an auto

8urcivic can mod do the necessary changes of the ECU for you. I have an extra P06 ECU that he can set up for you. PM and we can discuss this further if you want. You would need a jumper harness though.

White_Rabbit

Aussie, guess I didn't research well enough. I was under the impression that GSR only came in manual.

Broken, you have a PM

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Aussie, guess I didn't research well enough. I was under the impression that GSR only came in manual.
All USDM GSR's are all manual. There was some JDM auto GSR's. They aren't exactly abundant though