Why does everybody sell the Integra GS-R model for so much?

Don't forget, you could buy an ls, then instead of doing a full gsr swap, just go lsvtec. Its what I hope to do. That way instead of paying for a full B18C, you only need the head from a vtec motor.
There's a bit more to LSVtec than just having the vtec head, but the idea of going LSVtec rather than a full swap isn't an bad one.

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
Don't forget, you could buy an ls, then instead of doing a full gsr swap, just go lsvtec. Its what I hope to do. That way instead of paying for a full B18C, you only need the head from a vtec motor.
theres a lot more than needing just the head

Last edited:

mirrorimg

If you do your homework and do it right you shouldnt have any headaches.

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
No Integra will get you laid, sorry. I'm married so I don't have that problem. But any girl will say even to a Type R "that car looks old". You'll get more ass with a 2010 anything.

LS/VTEC is not cheap if done right, and not reliable or fast if done cheap. Not to mention that if you don't get a better trans than the LS tranny, you're throwing your money away.

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
I've found ls' for 1500 quite often. Buy one save for a good swap and build a monster and still pay the ls' insurance premium. I mean he'll I stomped a gsr the other night in my ls with just I/e/h.

94dc4

My name matches again lol
I've found ls' for 1500 quite often. Buy one save for a good swap and build a monster and still pay the ls' insurance premium. I mean he'll I stomped a gsr the other night in my ls with just I/e/h.
X2. Both of my cars were only $1500, and the DC4 only had 138k miles on her when I got it. I'm gonna do research on the pros and cons of putting in an H22 instead of another B-series.

Just get an LS dude. They all look the same on the ouside anyway, lol.

OlegWasHere

Well it's upsetting me becase I'm only 15, and getting a job later february, but when i get my license in late april I will DEFINITLY not have the 5k average to buy the GS-R. I see an Integra drive by and my lip starts to quiver!
9.50 an hour won't get me far.. :cry:
not trying to crap on your parade but 9.50 an hour is alot more than what alot of people make
even me.

i bought mine(95 GSR) for 1500 had 136k miles on it. besides the look of the engine it was in good condition.
its all where you look and who you know.

jmou09

Hey man I feel ya pain! But keep lookin around I found my 4dr Gsr all stock and it was a Texas car so no rust! Only issue it had it that it wouldn't start( bad igntion coil) 20 min fix! Also had some passenger side quarter panel damage but not horrible. Had 152,000 miles but don't bother me Runs like a monster! Plus i plan to do a rebuild here come fall. Also came with Gsr meshies! But this goes to show u can find steals. Or you can always do ls/vtec save some money on insurance. I'm 18 and they bend me I've backwards but I got full coverage!

djm092

alright i bought my 2000 gsr with 82xxx miles on it, and bone stock for 5600. i would honestly hold out for a gsr because its a better starting point imo. im 17, (and btw i only make 8 bucks an hour so quit complaining haha) and id like to boost my car but as far as time and money are concerned, its just not realistic for me right now. i was glad i got the gsr just because its got more power stock. and it avoids all the ls/vtec conversion bs. buy the cleanest freaking car you can, im trying to install coilovers on my car and its super clean as it is, but some bolts are still rusted. idk where you live but it snows a lot here and the roads are salted. i want a winter beater....