• without cuz it looks cleaner

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • both option 1 and 2

Votes: 24 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

96PurpGS-R

LOLUMAD?
I had 5% tint all around. I got pulled over for tint recently, and ended up being arrested for having an assisted opening knife on me. Anyways, I had the tint on the front windows removed, mainly because I just don't want to be hassled by the police. It is pretty much illegal to have any shade of tint on the front windows in California. You can get away with having lets say, 70% tint, since an officer can actually see you and the passenger in the front.
If tint is not an issue in whichever state you reside in, then, I say go for it.

I mainly had tint on the front for privacy and to keep the car cool. Also, to avoid sunburns.

Last edited:

BeatBox

Real Good!
i like tinted windows. gets rid of the fishbowl look on the inside. and i live in florida, so my car does not get as hot when it sits. i also like the privacy.
not to hate or anything but who tinted your side windows? they cut that tooo short lol

personally i have mine tinted, cant see in the car in the middle of a summer day unless you get up close or put your hands up to the window and peep in, i like it. as far as looks un tinted looks just as good to me but i hate driving around with untinted windows.

my car
note: sunroof is open

everything closed

Whole windshield 50%
top of windshield 5%
door windows 5%
small windows 2 layers of 20%
sunroof and hatch 20%

Last edited:

ramblin_wreck08

Curves > Straights
Tint. Whatever the legal limit is. It's 35% where I live, which allows your car to stay a lot cooler while still allowing the cops to see in well enough to know if they're in any danger. Plus I think it looks great.

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
if you don't like the look of tint but hate the heat, look into ceramic tint. it's definitely more expensive than regular tint, but you're paying for quality and its ability to shield you and your interior from damaging UV rays significantly better than metallic tints, etc. IMO. of course like anything else, there are debates on which is the superior type of tint, but you can find all this if you google metallic versus ceramic tint.

http://www.autopia.org/forum/exterior-performance/121826-ceramic-vs-metalic-tint.html
http://www.mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/254138-metallic-vs-ceramic-tint.html
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=564851
http://g35driver.com/forums/canada/153194-ceramic-tint-vs-metallic-tint.html

...and more.

not everybody who tints carries this type of film from what i've learned, so you'd have to call around and check for availability if you're interested.

tint info:
http://www.formulaone.com/en/Default.aspx

cted

My Chevrolet be bangin'
not to hate or anything but who tinted your side windows? they cut that tooo short lol

personally i have mine tinted, cant see in the car in the middle of a summer day unless you get up close or put your hands up to the window and peep in, i like it. as far as looks un tinted looks just as good to me but i hate driving around with untinted windows.

my car
note: sunroof is open

everything closed
i did it myself sorry lol my first time ever

BeatBox

Real Good!
gotta learn some how right?! when i first started that would be the part that pissed me off.

the way i do it now is, you cut the tint perfectly on the top edge when you have it out side and then when you put it inside the window you slide it up until you are barely closed to the edge. usually comes out perfect. took me a few windows to realize that i use to put it alittle over the edge and cut it after i had all the bubbles out and usually never came out well.

96GSRteg

Tyler
I mainly had tint on the front for privacy and to keep the car cool. Also, to avoid sunburns.
Hardly anybody spends enough time in their car to get a sun burn through the glass. But it certainly does help with insulation!

In my area, 35% is the legal limit. Which is hardly anything but its still a tint. I think 20% looks clean without being a limo tint, and wont get too much attraction from the fuzz.

dc2_

wow most ppl prefer tint on their teggys

i love how it looks without tint ill just have to make up my mind

mosier

with it
i live in lousiana and it get so hot in my car without it legals 40% and people tend to stare to much
i have 5% all the way around and 35% on the winshield

and this is next to my friends car he has the same

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
tint FTW. i'd do 5% if i could. i think it just looks better and keeps it cooler. all my stuff is tinted.

StoobyMcDooby

5% all windows, 35% on entire windshield

Same car, before paint - overcast summer afternoon

would never have it any other way.