won't start?! whoa dude why??

rexpepper123

yeah shouldnt be to hard. i took it off already. im debating on getting new parts inside or just buying this one i found online for a good price. or get a used one from the salvage yard. either way im stuck without a car till friday.

Last edited:

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
Similar thing happened to me and I'm stumped, swapped dizzys and nothing changed. I'm gonna get my test light out when I get home. My wiring harness is the devil so I'm sure it has something todo with that.

rexpepper123

i took my cap off and noticed that the spots for plug wires 1 and 4 come off really easy and also the metal piece on the rotor is kind of black an the edge is chewed up a little. so im thinking that could be the problem. im having troubles getting the rotor off tho.

DustinXIX

Hmm I would probably have to say try the ignition switch.not the lock cylinder, but the switch itself.

rexpepper123

i had the firing order off after i got everything together. o got it to start now. it needs gas to start and wont idle once rpms get below 1400 it dies.

rexpepper123

got it! was the coil. wouldnt start an idle cuz lack of coolant going to the iacv from me cleaning it! shit runs like a champ now. thank you everyone for the help!