Would 17x8.5 Fit

Jay417

Beast From The East
I don't know why you guys are wasting your breathe back and forth.. I don't mind fender rolling, but id try to avoid it. That's why I didn't get 8 inch wide rims.

And besides, the fenders on the Type R are the same as mine.. its not like the engine or interior.. woopty f***ing doo
U R COOL BUDDY :thumbs up

Sammich

love the konig britelites way better than your previous wheels, without a doubt. not feeling those 5 spokes like that, it wasnt bad, but i just have a thing for the britelites

Jay417

Beast From The East
love the konig britelites way better than your previous wheels, without a doubt. not feeling those 5 spokes like that, it wasnt bad, but i just have a thing for the britelites
i dont think ill be buying 18's again (way too heavy).

Mr. Derek

Sun*Works FTW
I had Gram Lights 57c same size. I had to roll my fenders and I was rubbing a little on the inner wheel well.

DC4twokone

Resident Hoodrat
Back to the original question..

Yes, 8.5" will fit fine depending on the offset. It will fill out the fenders very well.

FITMENT IS MORE ABOUT OFFSET THAN WIDTH PEOPLE

phatintegra

Banned
Unless you do your home work on the offset. I look into what tire size you be running as well if the tire is not at least 225 you be pinching the sidewall. You may get away with 215 but I do research first.

I have a set of 17x7.5 (5 lugs) SSR Type C with 215/35/17 tires. My fenders are rolled but I rub a bit over bumps and speed bumps. I'm on lowering spring w/Skunk2 Front Camber and blown Toxico Illum struts (keep blowing sets after set). If your on Coil overs you be find. You can look at my build thread in my signature for pics.

Last edited:

SOLOITR2001

2001 ITR OWNER
Thanks for all the replies.

Honestly if both sets, 17x7.5 or 17x8.5 were sitting in front of me to make a choice, I would choose the 17x7.5. I just think it would be to much to deal with with the 17x8.5 and its not what I really wanted in the first place. So I know it would be a constant I should of, I should of, I should of if I went with the 17x8.5

If you dont know me then you should know that 17s are the smallest I can fit with my big brake kit. But even then I dont know if I would go 16s. Some times it looks amazing if done right with the right brands and stance but it still looks like its just a bit to small still.

The cars build plan has always been show and go. I like to drive my car and not trailer it.

I have Tein Flex adjustable coilovers and the EDFC, so yes, I can adjust my suspension if need be. I don't have a camber kit but I plan on getting one before I get wheels so I can really adjust it all.

Last edited: