xZachTheRipper8's build thread!

xZachTheRipper8

haha I see, justinmcgee, what don't you understand? and thanks, ive been doing my best with this ahah once I have the engine set in and go through the breakin process, ill be taking it to one of the best tuners in north texas for a dyno tune. then at tax return ill hopefully beable to redo all my suspension and then I can finally focus on the exterior

xZachTheRipper8

so got a good update now aha

itr valve springs that im picking up Friday

block with pistons in

engine mocked up, gonna paint the spark plug cover black

another view of engine mocked up

made an adapter to make my oil pressure sender fit on the sandwich plate

p73-a0 pistons

new aluminum radiator

crank in the block

gsr head back from the machine shop

cylinders honed

pistons fitted on the rods

block before I put the crank in

my valve cover

parts are gathering

mocked up my gauge, im planning to make a mounting bracket to mount the oil pressure and im gonna be getting a wideband also

rywire vtec subharness

got my abs deleted:)

my spark plug wires

well hope you enjoy this update, im also trying to get ahold of a guy selling a polished obx crank pulley so hopefully ill beable to get it before the engine goes in!

Muckman

Not a M0derator
That some serious progress!

Two notes:
1. that oil pressure sensor is hideous
2. you're not going to need that PCV valve. If you want you can either hallow it out or just replace it with a regular barbed fitting from Home Depot/Lowes. We'll discuss your PCV setup when you get there.

xZachTheRipper8

Thanks guys! I appreciate it ahah and muckman what do you mean by the pcv valve? Please do tell me. All I have left to do is get an oil pick up, turn my flywheel for my new clutch, get a slave cylinder for my b16 trans and then those valves I'm still waiting on. I also need to go to one of our local shops and pick up Lsvtec dowel pins. I have the gsr ones but I forgot to have them fitted to my block so I'm just gonna spend 20 bucks on the Lsvtec ones, also muckman I know the sensor is huge and just ugly lol I had to make a fitting to make it work on my sandwich plate, I know its not needed but I wanted to run it because I'd like to know what my oil pressure is just because I've spent so much on this that I dont need engine failure aha. Also I've read a bunch of different types of breaks in but I wanted to see what you guys think? Just curious

Last edited:

xZachTheRipper8

well the time has come guys! I have the next two days off and I start bright and early tomorrow with swapping my engine in! its been 2 long months and im super excited to get it put in and running! tomorrow my plans are to get the engine outside by the car, put the flywheel and clutch on, bolt on the trans and starter and then get it set in the bay. ill be sure to take pics of the whole process and hopefully its a bit warmer tomorrow then it has been the past few days lol

xZachTheRipper8

motor is in and running on 3 cylinders! haha but its running pretty good for only being on 3 cylinders, tomorrow after work im hoping to figure it out. im thinking maybe a bad injector. all my ignition stuff is new but im not ruling it out yet. and once that's done I need to head to the exhaust shop to get this new exhaust fitted since apparently all the hangers are in the wrong spot and its just a bit too long

xZachTheRipper8

its moving under its own power:) haha my gas mileage is no longer of existence but that's ok:) I took it for a drive with open header and test pipe but the test pipe was dragging so I lifted it up to remove it and when I dropped it back down I found out my driver upper control ball joint separated from the control, but my buddy has an extra one thankfully and then now I have to order a main relay and send it off to the exhaust shop to get the exhaust on and then finish break in! I love not having power steering or abs, its pretty nice haha

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
my 2 cents:

Move the gauge somewhere you can actually see it. IIRC you are the person who wants to start doing HPDEs. Its extremely dangerous to look down there while doing 120 down the main straight of a track. There are several places where putting a gauge would be ideal. A pillar (thats where i have all 3 of mine) Its practical, you can keep an eye on the road while looking at your gauges and its eye level. On the dash, this is also good, but depending on how you sit, you may have to crane your neck down to see. That one is up to you. The third is the gauge bezel. Quad Pod or Autometer make them where they partially cover the temp and the gas gauges. This is a good choice since you can view your temp and pressure etc while looking at your rpms. This was my choice but i wanted to go with 3 gauges.

Little things like this you should think about. Especially if you want to track. Its fine for the street, but i would not recommend putting them there for track driving. The only thing i suggest putting in the din slots would be a switch board for your switches.

xZachTheRipper8

thanks samurai, I am wanting to track it, and you do bring up a good point about mounting it, I was actually thinking about moving it because when I drove it today I had to keep looking down to check on it and I didn't really like that so I think I am going to move it. idk if I want to do the pillar or the gauge bezel, being that I will only have oil pressure and wideband I think im going to do the gauge bezel