xZachTheRipper8's build thread!

xZachTheRipper8

thanks aha I still got a ways to go before I can drop the engine in again but ive got to the end of the year to do as much as I can before I have start paying back on my school loans haha

xZachTheRipper8

well got my engine torn down today, it wasn't good, had a lot of carbon build up on the head and pistons, didn't have that many miles on the engine since it was "rebuilt" but I guess that's what happens when idiots rebuild engines. I gotta find another crank and im getting ls rods from my buddy because he went forged internals and then im going to order my pr3 pistons that are 81.50mm and then everything will be ready to head to the machine shop:D

xZachTheRipper8

so I took a few pics while I was tearing down my engine so here they are

the rod bearings.. these are reusable aren't they?(; totally kidding ahah

this is my engine on the stand and my little canopy and my setup where I tore my engine down. this block is ugly haha and is not going to be reused, also idk if I noted this before but the jackass put the rear main seal in backwards which cause a pretty decent leak, thank god my integra came to a good owner

xZachTheRipper8

lsv, I picked up a b18b1 block for 50 bucks a few months back and then got my gsr head a few weeks ago, I need to get another crank Thursday and then im ordering my pr3 pistons when this guy picks up my b1 head and then off to the machine shop

xZachTheRipper8

lmao if you think that's a steal, I picked up a clean complete gsr head, arp head studs, a oil line and sandwich plate for 220. the guy didn't know what he had, he bought it from some kid that built it and couldn't get it running come to find out the games were 180 out, the head was recently resurfaced and everything is clean

xZachTheRipper8

well I have the next few days off from work so im going to put in some time on my car! im going to be deleting the power steering, I bought the brass fitting to loop my rack and then possibly start removing some of the abs and taking apart the interior to clean the nest out under my dash and just clean up the interior a bit, sunday me and my buddy are gonna head to some junkyards and see what we can find, hopefully I can get some brake lines

xZachTheRipper8

well got some good news!:) I ordered my pistons this morning, ordered pr3 pistons with hastings piston rings, and then tonight my step dad gave me 1100 to order the rest of my parts and then all I have to do is get everything machined!:D

xZachTheRipper8

well got my pistons in today, p73-AO, usdm type r pistons, bought my arp rod bolts from pepboys and I got all my parts ordered to finish my engine build, tomorrow ill be trading my coilovers for a rywire tucked harness and 350 cash, ill be using the cash for machine work and then Monday ill be trading the harness for a b16 trans and dropping everything off at the machine shop!:) everything is coming to together great! so the next few weeks should be good!

xZachTheRipper8

well idk why i bother to keep updating since nobody reads this anyways aha but i guess ill just do a update, i got all my stuff back from the machine shop, had my rods fitted to my pistons and shot peened, had the arp rod bolts installed, had the block cleaned and honed, have the head inspected, got a valve job and resurfaced, and my crank was micropolished. ill be slowly assembling it the next few weeks, still need a few things like a oil pick up. i also sold my coilovers for 350 plus a rywire tucked harness and turned around and traded the harness for a b16 trans. and then in the next few days ill be trading my stupid 3in exhaust for some itr dual valve springs to make my head even better! getting super excited to finally have it done!

also i picked up some 92-95 eg front brake lines and a da proportioning valve and deleted my abs! still need to hook up my master cylinder lines

Last edited: