xZachTheRipper8's build thread!

xZachTheRipper8

yeah i like it too hah he actually has a mugen replica wing now and then hes trying to get the rear end for it and then its off to get repainted. its just a base model, i keep trying to get him to do the k swap

xZachTheRipper8

so its been awhile since ive updated aha but i got my nrg steering wheel, hub and quick release on, i love it! i also got my amber corner lights on! ill take some pics here in a little bit and post them up. now i need to do a few things to my motor, at the end of the summer im gonna take vacation at work and pull my head and take it to get a valve job and new seals. im looking at the cometic top end kit but ive heard mixed reviews about them. any opinions? once i get all the head work finished an out the way im gonna do a brake job and then try and go out to a few track events and learn my car more before i start any other modifications!

edit*

drag radials ftw?! lol jk my buddy his building a 600hp mustang and wanted to see what these would like on the teg lol

new corner lights, i need to sand this thing down and primer it, this green is ugly

my quick release installed:)

all my parts:)

Last edited:

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Sounds like a good plan. Cometic MLS head gaskets are fine. Ive personally used one on my engine when it made 450hp without issues. Its one of those myths that never dies.

xZachTheRipper8

ok cool. i think im gonna order the top end kit from realstreetperformance.com and then i found a pretty reputable shop not to far from work that will do all the machine work for 150. also what do you think about stoptech brakes? a guy at work has them on his 500whp 300zx and he loves them but i want other opinions? cause i found a package on jhpusa.com for 300 with rotors, pads and ss line at all 4 corners

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Stoptech is a great company but I only condone brake kits that address both front and rear. Adding clamping force to only the front will upset the balance and actually increase braking distance. Besides upgraded brakes are totally useless for a streetcar. Just get some good pads, nice Brembo blanks and save yourself alot of money. Invest that money in tires.

xZachTheRipper8

alright guys, I haven't updated in awhile because I haven't done to much:/ im on the broke side of things lol but im about to get a new job that pays hourly so I should be making a lot more money and saving a lot more money since I finish school tomorrow and I wont be driving an hour every day lol but funny thing is today at school my friend came into class and said that my brake light was on, I thought he was messing with me so I went and looked sure enough it was on, and I read that post the other day about the plastic piece that breaks, so I new immediately what it was lol, also I have had this problem ever since I got the car with it burning oil, it doesn't do it at idle or anything, it does it when I shift at high rpms and when im decelerating, im pretty sure its my valve seals but I haven't really gotten a straight answer when I ask , someone got a video of me when I shift at high rpms when it shoots out smoke, and when the follow me they said it doesn't smoke until I ride it hard and when I decelerate I can smell the oil burning,, any suggestions or ideas? im almost certain its not rings because it would smoke even at idle, thanks for the help

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Oil on decel is 100% valve seals. Put valve guides, seals and a valve job on your rebuild list.

xZachTheRipper8

badass! oh i planned on it lol i was just making sure, like i said that shop is gonna charge me 150 for the valve job and i need to make sure about the guides and then im gonna order that cometic top end kit from realstreetperformance.com and muckman i thank you very much man you are such a big help!

also muckman do you know if b18c1 valves will fit into a b1 head? or what? I was kinda think about putting new valves and springs

Last edited:

xZachTheRipper8

so I haven't done much still lol besides getting an aem fuel pump and blox fpr cap, I got the fuel pump in but I need to find an extra oem fpr to make this blox cap work with it, and then either at the end of july im going to take my head to the shop for machine work or im going to pick up a gsr head from my friend and at the end of the year ill be going lsv!:) if I do decide to stay nonvtec then at the end of the year ill be converting to the 98-01 front end and getting the teg painted black:)

xZachTheRipper8

so Its been awhile since ive had the chance to do anything to the integra but I got some new stuff:)

another b18b1 head:)

ceramic pads and drilled and slotted rotors:)

stainless steel brake lines:)

and my favorite mod that sets me apart from all the others, my snap on screw driver handle shift knob!!:) now im saving because I need to put new tires on until I can get my new rims which probably wont be until after I go turbo which will probably be after the new year!:)