Yay! I finally got it! '93 GSR

rdubya

So I took a closer look, the exhaust is a Tanabe Medalion Touring cat-back. It's quiet as hell. I was thinking about getting the DC Sports 4-2-1 header, but only if it is bolt on. I want to be able to put the original manifold back on easily, if I ever want it back to stock. Has anyone had any experience with the header? Also, what kind of power gains should I expect? If there's not a decent power gain, I probably won't do it either.

Cripton805

So I took a closer look, the exhaust is a Tanabe Medalion Touring cat-back. It's quiet as hell. I was thinking about getting the DC Sports 4-2-1 header, but only if it is bolt on. I want to be able to put the original manifold back on easily, if I ever want it back to stock. Has anyone had any experience with the header? Also, what kind of power gains should I expect? If there's not a decent power gain, I probably won't do it either.
It won't be that much of a gain unless you build the engine.

I have the exact same set up on my GSR right now. It's a great set up.

red.line

It's direct bolt on, just make sure you get the one for the 92-93 Integra (it's the same header for the B18A1/B17A1.
It'll free up a few ponies for you, nothing really significant though, but I'll also be putting one on my DB2 along with a test pipe to go along with my S2 exhaust. ;)

rdubya

I did some detailing under the hood tonight, and my K&N intake should be here tomorrow. Some time next week I'm getting the front end aligned, and getting some new tires. Hopefully by the middle of next month I will have the wheels refinished and clear coated, and the valve cover painted. I'm looking for a good set of plug wires and a distributor cap now, but can't decide which would be best. I want a high end set, but want it black so it still looks factory. Any recommendations?

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
ngk plugs and plug wires are the best IMO

might as well get a new rotor also since your already going to have the cap off

rdubya

I ended up getting Taylor Thunder Volt plug wires and an MSD cap and rotor. The cap and rotor are red, and I wanted black, but oh well. Is the coil part of the distributor, or is it separate? If separate, is there an upgrade to the stock coil?

whitedc4

thats sooo beautiful. best color when it comes to a db2. i'd love to get one of these. ahh so jealous!! GREAT find!