Zawn's Dark Horse

Nick_C78

Haha. I have more oversteer mishaps though. The pix that I just posted was me sliding after oversteering into turn 14 at Thunderhill.

-Z-
Was it just snap loose, or did you have that mishap from entering the corner too hot? A lot of that type of sliding has to do with how you settle the car before entering the turn. You can also try adjusting your rear sway to its loosest setting(All the way out), if you already haven't. That should be enough to solve that issue if it was just super hard to control. You can also just play with your rear tire pressures as well.

ZaWn

Was it just snap loose, or did you have that mishap from entering the corner too hot? A lot of that type of sliding has to do with how you settle the car before entering the turn. You can also try adjusting your rear sway to its loosest setting(All the way out), if you already haven't. That should be enough to solve that issue if it was just super hard to control. You can also just play with your rear tire pressures as well.
Umm... So I brake early before the right turn then took the turn keeping close to the right edge of the track. That's when the car's rear end came out to the right and I felt that I started losing traction so I countersteered and kept the front tires facing the direction that I wanted to go and just let the car slide.

-Z-

Nick_C78

I have never driven that track so I am not sure about anything that has to do with that turn. What lap was it on? Could be that your rears weren't warmed up yet. Or some how the suspension got unsettled before/during the turn.

ZaWn

I have never driven that track so I am not sure about anything that has to do with that turn. What lap was it on? Could be that your rears weren't warmed up yet. Or some how the suspension got unsettled before/during the turn.
I think it was towards the end of the second lap. It was a chilly day and that might be the cause of the rears not being warm enough.

-Z-

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
To touch on what nick is asking. Once you stop braking are you on the throttle or off the throttle? Entering and negotiating a turn optimally is affected by throttle control, if you arent part throttle through the turn even as you enter you throw off your suspension.

I know you still have plans to upgrade your suspension setup a bit but i forget what springs youre running. You need a easy access mod list. lol

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
There shouldn't be any "cruising" in between letting off the brakes and getting back on the throttle. As soon as I'm off the brakes, I'm immediately right back on the go pedal. That amount of time you spend cruising is wasted time. It's either you're braking or on the gas.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Yea that's essentially what I'm getting at. If you're not accelerating through to turn to some degree your loading the suspension. Braking is setting up for the turn, once done you should be on the gas

ZaWn

To touch on what nick is asking. Once you stop braking are you on the throttle or off the throttle? Entering and negotiating a turn optimally is affected by throttle control, if you arent part throttle through the turn even as you enter you throw off your suspension.

I know you still have plans to upgrade your suspension setup a bit but i forget what springs youre running. You need a easy access mod list. lol
I was feathering the throttle but I overestimated how much grip I had.

There shouldn't be any "cruising" in between letting off the brakes and getting back on the throttle. As soon as I'm off the brakes, I'm immediately right back on the go pedal. That amount of time you spend cruising is wasted time. It's either you're braking or on the gas.
I don't think I can be as aggressive as you are with the suspensions that I have. I tried being more aggressive when me and Patrick went back to BW, but I did worse times than I did driving my usual style. As you said Matt, my suspensions are not in par with my driving. XP

-Z-

XjoEnX

Cool. So, if you want me to break in the swap for you by testing it out for the year, I totally can. :)

Nick_C78

I don't think I can be as aggressive as you are with the suspensions that I have. I tried being more aggressive when me and Patrick went back to BW, but I did worse times than I did driving my usual style. As you said Matt, my suspensions are not in par with my driving. XP

-Z-
I don't know about that. What suspension are you running? I am pretty damn aggressive with my suspension and I seriously doubt mine is better... Not try to be a dick, but I think there is some technical stuff you can do inside the car to better settle your suspension. Or maybe it is how you have your suspension set up, since I assume most of yours is adjustable. Sorry If that came off as rude. I just don't wanna see you blame the car and miss out on a good learning opportunity.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Pictures are totally cool btw. Who took photos? Front looks proper with that lip! :thumbs up

I was feathering the throttle but I overestimated how much grip I had.

-Z-
Ah.. in particular to that turn you probably just went in too hot. Its not like its happening every turn. Made for a cool photo though. :mrgreen:

Last edited:

ZaWn

I don't know about that. What suspension are you running? I am pretty damn aggressive with my suspension and I seriously doubt mine is better... Not try to be a dick, but I think there is some technical stuff you can do inside the car to better settle your suspension. Or maybe it is how you have your suspension set up, since I assume most of yours is adjustable. Sorry If that came off as rude. I just don't wanna see you blame the car and miss out on a good learning opportunity.
It's cool, you dick. XP
Haha. I have the eibach sportline springs and the tokico illuminas. I'm not saying that they are sucky or anything cuz I honestly love'em. I had an experienced friend of mine sit with me in the car and he said that I am over-driving my car. He mentioned that I'll be alot faster after I get coilovers and better tires. I do know that I can still go a little faster after I am more familiar with the track.

Pictures are totally cool btw. Who took photos? Front looks proper with that lip! :thumbs up

Ah.. in particular to that turn you probably just went in too hot. Its not like its happening every turn. Made for a cool photo though. :mrgreen:
Hehez, The photographer said that he just happen to see me going sideways and took the shots lol

-Z-