Zawn's Dark Horse

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I ended up buying a new distributor from Acura since the vtec distributor is becoming a rare item.

Which is cheaper? I prefer Saturdays... So Nov 2 or Nov 30...

-Z-
by chance does yours use a GSR or LS cap?

Mine is a vtec dizzy but uses an ls cap

ZaWn

I bought a new cap and rotor for the new dizzy. I don't think that the new dizzy will work properly with the LS cap. Maybe the older year G3 tegs have interchangeable caps?

-Z-

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
idk. I just remember buying a cap for a gsr because i had a gsr dizzy and it didnt fit. then i put my ls one on and it fit Its kind of annoying to remember what i have when i go to honda.

ZaWn

idk. I just remember buying a cap for a gsr because i had a gsr dizzy and it didnt fit. then i put my ls one on and it fit Its kind of annoying to remember what i have when i go to honda.
Did you buy the cap that's for a different year? I always double check with the parts guy at Acura to make sure that the parts are correct.

-Z-

ZaWn

Swapped out my axles this past weekend.

\

Rebuilt ITR 36mm axle (top) and old axle (bottom)
Now I know why the Crosser had a weird vibration going on under acceleration. The tripod joint in the old axle had seized in a odd angle.

-Z-

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
Swapped out my axles this past weekend.

\

Rebuilt ITR 36mm axle (top) and old axle (bottom)
Now I know why the Crosser had a weird vibration going on under acceleration. The tripod joint in the old axle had seized in a odd angle.

-Z-
Nice work, I've been getting the same weird vibration under acceleration also. Was going to do the same thingdid it actually fix the problem?

ZaWn

Nice work, I've been getting the same weird vibration under acceleration also. Was going to do the same thingdid it actually fix the problem?
Yes it did fix the problem. The Crosser is running like a champ now.
At first I though that it could be the tires but then I noticed that the vibration was not that noticeable when I'm cruising. I put the car on a lift too and couldn't really pinpoint anything out of the ordinary until I pulled out the axle.

-Z-

ZaWn

I hate dealing with axles. Glad you got it fixed :)
Me too. But it wasn't as hard as I thought I was gonna be though... Maybe it's cuz the axles hasn't been in the car for a long time. So it was pretty easy to get the axles out.

-Z-

Sent from my HTC One