Zawn's Dark Horse

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
How the Fed 595? I have Potenza RE11 which are awesome, but for the future stuck between 595, Falken rt615 or toyo r1r they are all the same price rang

ZaWn

How the Fed 595? I have Potenza RE11 which are awesome, but for the future stuck between 595, Falken rt615 or toyo r1r they are all the same price rang
I had the federal ss595s and I didn't really like them. The make your car vibrate at high speeds and instead of gripping, your car will slide around more, which is why they are popular drifting tires. I have yet to try the fed 595rs-r but I heard awesome things about them from s2k guys who use them on the track.

I have not tried running RE-11s yet but I know from you, dolla and a few other ppl that they are worth the $. Too bad they discontinued them. I was actually gonna order them through America's tire co. but found out that they have been discontinued, which was why I went back to the toyo r1rs. The R1Rs, IMO have just enough grip for my driving style and they have pretty good tire wear considering how I daily them and take them out to the track.

I don't think the Falken rt615 is that good of a tire as there are tires out there with higher thread wear that can out perform it. Check out this article. (I found this article very helpful while I was doing my research)

-Z-

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
I had the federal ss595s and I didn't really like them. The make your car vibrate at high speeds and instead of gripping, your car will slide around more, which is why they are popular drifting tires. I have yet to try the fed 595rs-r but I heard awesome things about them from s2k guys who use them on the track.

I have not tried running RE-11s yet but I know from you, dolla and a few other ppl that they are worth the $. Too bad they discontinued them. I was actually gonna order them through America's tire co. but found out that they have been discontinued, which was why I went back to the toyo r1rs. The R1Rs, IMO have just enough grip for my driving style and they have pretty good tire wear considering how I daily them and take them out to the track.

I don't think the Falken rt615 is that good of a tire as there are tires out there with higher thread wear that can out perform it. Check out this article. (I found this article very helpful while I was doing my research)

-Z-
Yeah I do Autocross so its a lot more turning than high speed. But probably going to stay away from Feds until I can a solid review on the new model. If anything I'd suggest for you some Dunlop Star Specs you won't regret them M3 e36 guys I know love them they have great grip and decent in the rain.

ZaWn

So... I spun a rod bearing at the track; Thunderhill August 30 2013. :cry:

I limped the Crosser off the track and into the pits where I had to wait for a friend to come and tow my teg back home... The engine had rod knock and I was devastated.

Luckily I had awesome support from Dolla, Samurai_Blue, Mikey from Lightspeed and Zeeshan (a good friend), which made my day a lot better. Therefore, I wanna give a shoutout for these few individuals for being there for me.

Around 4 hours later, my friend Brian Z came to the rescue with his Tahoe and trailer.

Got back to Dublin, CA and got the Crosser into Brian Z's garage.

We pulled the oil pan and found pieces of the broken rod bearing. We also found that the rod from cylinder 3 is scorched.

Brian Z let me take his integra to get home and also to pickup my old motor from Tech 3.

Arriving back at Brian Z's garage, he was already lifting the damaged engine out.

Unfortunately, Brian Z badly injured his back while he was trying to get the engine out so he was mostly an instructor after that, so I pretty much did most of the swap.

Did my on clutch and flywheel

4 days later... (We had some missing misc parts that I had to hunt from the junk yard)

Back to my reliable B18B motor...

-Z-

Nick_C78

Damn...that sucks. Do you know why the bearing spun? Was it low on oil? Oil pump die? Do you by any chance know what your bearing clearances were? Lots of questions I know, but I just wanna know why so that we can prevent it.

If you need block parts let me know. I have lots of spare internals and externals that I have no use for. You probably just need gsr rods, gsr crank and oil pump. I have all 3 if you need them. The rods have 81.25mm OEM CTR pistons on them though.

d@_b3st

Wow nice to see a girl working her skills!! too bad the circumstances are how they are but this is a chance for better things, perhaps engine work like internals and maybe a little port n polish, deff a new oil pump though!! a guy i know is selling a set of bnib skunk2 dual springs n retainers lmk if any interest on these and good luck!!

car looks nice btw good job!!

96LSteg

Jemel
Good ol' LS! Never fails The LS is the motor you were shooting nitrous to right?

Sent from the Amazon Rainforest using tapatalk

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I now remember why your splitter is mounted in that position. quick disconnects to the splitter would have made the job a bit easier.

ZaWn

Damn...that sucks. Do you know why the bearing spun? Was it low on oil? Oil pump die? Do you by any chance know what your bearing clearances were? Lots of questions I know, but I just wanna know why so that we can prevent it.

If you need block parts let me know. I have lots of spare internals and externals that I have no use for. You probably just need gsr rods, gsr crank and oil pump. I have all 3 if you need them. The rods have 81.25mm OEM CTR pistons on them though.
Thanks a lot Nick. You will definitely be the first t know if I need engine parts. The oil pump still works fine and it might have been an inaccurate bearing clearance due to human error but I wouldn't know cause I wasn't the one that reassembled the engine...

Wow nice to see a girl working her skills!! too bad the circumstances are how they are but this is a chance for better things, perhaps engine work like internals and maybe a little port n polish, deff a new oil pump though!! a guy i know is selling a set of bnib skunk2 dual springs n retainers lmk if any interest on these and good luck!!

car looks nice btw good job!!
I will be getting to that after when I am ready to rebuild it. Planning to disassemble the motor to see is the cylinder walls are damaged to. I will let you know if I need any of the parts that you mentioned.

Good ol' LS! Never fails The LS is the motor you were shooting nitrous to right?

Sent from the Amazon Rainforest using tapatalk
Yup, the same one. Thinking on spraying again but with tune this time since I have the S300 now.

I now remember why your splitter is mounted in that position. quick disconnects to the splitter would have made the job a bit easier.
I was actually gonna ask you about those bumper quick releases. Like what's a good brand and where to get them from?

What's the plan for The Crosser? Rebuild the B18C1?
Yeah, rebuild the motor. But I will be relying on the B18b for now since I spent most of my money on building and swapping the vtec engine. Pretty ironic that I have to rebuild it after I already did not too long ago...

-Z-

ZaWn

On the other, I sent my ecu w/ the s100 to Hondata to get a S300 upgrade.

Got all of these goodies back from them. last week...

Today I got another surprise when it was time to replace the LS ecu with my new S300... A new Hondata ecu cover! Sick!

-Z-