1998 Integra LS Hatchback Auto in White...40+ pics of varying quality

mangchu

Yooo! My name is Matt and I've been actively lurking on this site for the past year or so and really like the vibe. There’s a lot of good, helpful knowledge floating around here. Thought I'd finally become an active member in the community! I currently reside in SoCal, around Thousand Oaks/Westlake Village. I use my car as a DD and explorer of the canyon runs that litter the mountains around me.

My family is the first and only owner of my car. My parents originally bought it for my oldest sister and I got it from her when I was 15. I loved it from the first time I drove it! I've always enjoyed cars, but never really got into the modding scene. So it was stock from then til I was about 24, which was last year hahah.

In this picture, I had already installed a Weapon R CAI, an HID conversion kit, and tinted my windows to 20%. As you can see, some of my friends were already well into the modding scene before me.

01 by mangchu, on Flickr

Then I went on a photoshoot with a couple friends and got a couple of shots taken of my car. After seeing these, I suddenly felt the need to get into the modding game.

_DSC0488 by mangchu, on Flickr

_DSC0494 no license plate by mangchu, on Flickr

Stock height with window visors added. Then I got serious about getting some drop on this car.

02 by mangchu, on Flickr

Went with Skunk2 shocks and springs

03 by mangchu, on Flickr

Got about a 2” drop with the Skunks. Decent first drop and firmed up suspension that was easily DD-able. I immediately enjoyed the direction I was taking my car. Wheels were my next big mod.

04 by mangchu, on Flickr

05 by mangchu, on Flickr

Rode around on those for a while and even took it out to a dry lake bed with a group of friends.

hereyougomatt by mangchu, on Flickr

Then I swapped out all my interior lights for LEDs. Also changed out the tail lights, reverse lights, license plate lights, and turn signals to LEDs.

07 by mangchu, on Flickr

Invested in an ebay front strut bar.

06 by mangchu, on Flickr

Did some research and landed on some Rota GT-3s. But then they were out of stock, so ended up going with some Drag DR-16s, 16x7 all around. I didn’t really care what finish they were because I had immediate plans to powder coat them bronze but…

10 by mangchu, on Flickr

11 by mangchu, on Flickr

…they turned out brown hahah I like to call them my chocolate wheels. Complete with Falken Ziex-92 tires, 205/45/16 and +40 offset. It was already a noticeably better fitment.

12 by mangchu, on Flickr

The color wasn’t exactly what I had in mind, but they slowly grew on me. I didn’t realize how much of a difference new performance tires provided. The car felt more planted to the ground and more stable in turns. (I actually wanna sell these wheels)

13 by mangchu, on Flickr

14 by mangchu, on Flickr

15 by mangchu, on Flickr

16 by mangchu, on Flickr

17 by mangchu, on Flickr

When I was driving on the freeway, I heard a super loud “PING!” and found my car like this when I got home. The fender lining had been ripped off and bent a brace connecting the panel to the body frame.

18 by mangchu, on Flickr

19 by mangchu, on Flickr

Took it over to Beach Cities Paintless Dent Removal to see if they could do anything about it, and also got a bunch of dings removed. Jeff’s work is slow and reeks of quality. Very satisfied with his touch that he provided on my car.

21 by mangchu, on Flickr

20 by mangchu, on Flickr

Got another fender liner, which ripped off in the parking lot at my work, so I said forget it and just left it off.

22 by mangchu, on Flickr

I had discovered Enkei 92s in gold and found out they were bringing back these classic style wheels and instantly fell in love with them. Then I found them on a Thanksgiving sale at my buddy’s wheel company and had to have them. Got them in 15x8, +20 offset and wrapped in Toyo Proxes4, 195/50/15 with the slightest bit of stretch.

23 by mangchu, on Flickr

24 by mangchu, on Flickr

mangchu

Part 2

I mounted them on the car, knowing I still needed a stiffer suspension and rolled fenders. Just couldn’t wait to see the fitment, and it made me even more eager to upgrade to coils.

25 by mangchu, on Flickr

26 by mangchu, on Flickr

27 by mangchu, on Flickr

28 by mangchu, on Flickr

All I wanted was to be able to drive with these wheels, so I researched for some good coils that would last me a while. Landed on some Apexi N1 ExV Dampening coilovers, with 32-way adjustable damping.

29 by mangchu, on Flickr

A friend of mine rolled my fenders for me, front and rear, and we installed my coils and this is how my car looked with the height it came in.

30 by mangchu, on Flickr

31 by mangchu, on Flickr

Drove around like that for a while and then lowered the coils all the way down, which dropped it another ¾”.

32 by mangchu, on Flickr

33 by mangchu, on Flickr

34 by mangchu, on Flickr

Took the car for a nice drive with a few friends up Angeles Crest Highway and snapped a few pictures. Here’s a teaser that he gave me of just the rear.

integra-enkei92-rear by mangchu, on Flickr

The car originally came with mudguards so I decided to put them back on. They’ve been shaved off to about the thickness of 1.5 chapsticks hahah but they still just scrape on everything.

35 by mangchu, on Flickr

A note the guys at the auto shop made when I took it in for maintenance.

36 by mangchu, on Flickr

Of course this guy parks next to me everyday at work.

37 by mangchu, on Flickr

My friends convinced me to get a front lip, and I thought it would be good to hide all the scrapes under the front of my bumper, so I went with a black USDM Type R lip.

38 by mangchu, on Flickr

And this is currently how my car sits. Yay instagram!

39 by mangchu, on Flickr

I think the lip flows well with my black sideskirts. Maybe I’ll eventually paint it, but I see no need for now. Out on a photoshoot with my friend and brother in law (he married my sister that drove my car originally).

41 by mangchu, on Flickr

40 by mangchu, on Flickr

42 by mangchu, on Flickr

43 by mangchu, on Flickr

Good spot to admire my car while I’m at work. Damn lifted truck! Hahah

44 by mangchu, on Flickr

And washed my car this past weekend…shiny and wet =D.

45 by mangchu, on Flickr

And that has been the journey of my car up til now. Thanks for taking the time to look through my intro posts!

LsTeg97

Power_Hitter
nice man....looks hella clean...love the offset as well :thumbs up

mangchu

Enkeis x10000 over your chocolate tires. lol Beautiful
Hahah thanks! Yea definitely a huge upgrade in the looks department. =D

nice man....looks hella clean...love the offset as well :thumbs up
Thanks man! I'm glad I held off on modding til now and not when I first got the car. It woulda been quite the rice.

Sweet progress so far! Any other plans soon?
Not completely set on what I wanna do yet. I've just been enjoying/learning to drive a lowered car and actually having to care about what lies on the ground ahead of me. I was thinking about maybe getting 3000K bulbs since mine are kinda blue and I don't wanna go back to white just yet. Also, I would really love it if my car was manual, but haven't done any serious research into getting a swap. However, my friend's gf's friend lol has a 97 LS manual that I think is slowly giving up on him. If I'm lucky, he'll be parting out his car and maybe I can snatch his tranny, ecu, pedals, and whatever else I may need.

mangchu

Just bought a Skunk2 Pro Series Plus Front camber kit as well as a rear camber kit to take away some of the camber from lowering the car.

The rears are at -1.8. My rear driver wheel is about half a finger width from the fender while my rear passenger wheel is a whole finger gap.

The fronts are at -3.5 and have a little more than 2 fingers gap.

A few other pics I took yesterday afternoon

Needs some vacuuming hahah

Last edited:

mangchu

It looks clean man. Gotta get workin on the motor now lol.
Hahah I don't have any plans to delve into the engine bay any time soon. I only installed an intake 3 years ago for better gas mileage lol. But who knows, I didn't even think I was gonna get into suspension.