Anyone have a custom sub box in spare tire area?

Primoce

Frequent Blogger
I know i cant be the first one to think of this idea, but I am making a custom 12" sub box to go into spare tire compartment to sit flat/flush. Has anyone done this on a integra?

I wouldnt mind making a DIY or show pictures after I'm done, but i'd like to see any similar pictures if they're any.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
Im sure it can be done, just make a box to fit inside the area and cut a hole on the trunk liner. Im sure it can't be all that hard to do but I have not sen anything about one

Primoce

Frequent Blogger
Okay Thanks for the response. Welp!... I guess im the first... Its turning out really nice so far for me

99tegjawn

Thought about it really hard then decided it was too much effort lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sinisterDB

ive seen it done before but i like the idea of havin a spare tire where it should be, ive seen it done in both fiberglass and wood.
it looks really clean if pulled off properly and really horrible when not done right.

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
ive seen it done before but i like the idea of havin a spare tire where it should be, ive seen it done in both fiberglass and wood.
it looks really clean if pulled off properly and really horrible when not done right.
This

djv1986

I know it's not what ur asking about but here is my sub box its built to spec for volume and it hits soo damn hard. And the spare tire is still fully accessible

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
JL audio makes a 3 sub that fits in the spare tire space.

this by far is my fav way...

he made a false floor to make room for the sub and still give you room to store stuff like a spare tire ;) the floor to , i plan on doing this sometime.

Last edited:

djv1986

JL audio makes a 3 sub that fits in the spare tire space.

this by far is my fav way...

he made a false floor to make room for the sub and still give you room to store stuff like a spare tire ;) the floor to , i plan on doing this sometime.
thats awesome but man the second u say jl its usually outta most peoples price range that must cost a fortune but looks clean as hell

BeatBox

Real Good!
its easy to pull it off, making it sound good will be the hard part

spare tires are over rated, i tossed mine out the weekend i bought my car : shrugs :

Primoce

Frequent Blogger
Haha! I like the input guys!

The second pic that XslickwhitetegX posted up is the look Im going for.

At the end of it all, I would like for it to be moderately loud... ultimately I just want some in-car bass period!

Not to mention the weight reduction (from the bigger box i had before), and ability to add a rear cross bar.

I have a OEM Acura carpet to put over it to cover any imperfections

Last edited:

Primoce

Frequent Blogger
Oh and as for the spare tire... I have fix-a-flat and some a tire repair kit... with both fingers crossed that i don't get a flat.