6-15-2012 Thunderhill HPDE

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
hope you aim for the right tree...its really not a beginners track
as ive said before, so has thadya
notice how there is no driving school run group. Speed Ventures also back this claim

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
If my exhaust is loud, how can other higher performance cars race which are even louder than mine? My car is a piece of shit

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
the corvettes have valves in their exhaust to make them more quiet. Plus im good with tracking laguna seca in the rainy months that area rains way too damn much. HPDE in the rain arent fun

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
You just made it sound even more tempting :) I don't know why people have so much trouble driving in the rain..

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
standing water+driving on a track is not fun...if you spin and dont have your steering wheel in a certain positon you will flip.

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
That's a good point, idk then. I'd take it easy if it were that bad. Do they still require your windows down if it's raining?

ZaWn

If my exhaust is loud, how can other higher performance cars race which are even louder than mine? My car is a piece of s***
The level of performance is not determined by how loud your exhaust is. Less performing cars can have a loud exhaust with modification. But will it perform? Not necessarily.

You just made it sound even more tempting :) I don't know why people have so much trouble driving in the rain..
If it's that easy, then why do F1 drivers slow down at the first sight of rain on the track? You have not really driven in the rain if you have not driven your car constantly near the verge of spinning out while raining.

That's a good point, idk then. I'd take it easy if it were that bad. Do they still require your windows down if it's raining?
You should really read track rules for beginners or something Tommy. It depends on how heavy the rain is. But most of the time. ALL WINDOWS DOWN.

-Z-

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
its windows down 100% of the time. the organization may say windows up in the drivers meeting but the on track corner workers will say windows down.

jdmspoonitr

RAWRRRRR
If my exhaust is loud, how can other higher performance cars race which are even louder than mine? My car is a piece of s***
The db meter at laguna takes into account "pitch" of the exhaust note. Higher pitch frequency will register higher on the db meter at laguna. So a rumbly evo or corvette although they might sound louder to your ear, will not register as high on the meter as a high revving honda.

Oh and just fyi, if you think you will get by it using a silencer, we have tested it and using a silencer will actually give a higher db reading at laguna because it acts like a whistle making it even higher pitched.:lol:

jdmspoonitr

RAWRRRRR
NCRC will allow windows up during heavy rain. You have to use your turn signals instead of pointing though.

For those that need to see to believe...