For the Auto guys, supercharged b20 on MP7A JDM automatic tranny

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
Havent updated this is a while, trans is getting sent out this week to be rebuilt, and the motor is getting pulled on the weekend.

keat

I don't want to clutter your build thread but I need a question answered from someone who knows about superchargers and automatic transmissions.

I found a Integra for sale for $5k that has a JRSC on it. The only other engine mod is a Skunk2 fuel controller. Would the car be ok running an SC with no internal work? And how does the trans hold up? Thanks alot.

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
All depends on how well it was maintained, if the transmission shifts fine, and doesnt slip, and its not running more then 8psi on the SC, it should be perfectly fine being stock. I imagine the skunk2 fuel controller is there because it is an OBD2 car, so as long as its tuned properly it should run decent. If you do decide to get it, do an oil change and a trans fluid change. (Do not flush the transmission, you change it like the oil in the motor through a drain bolt, 3 quarts).

ju10

...I dont even have 500 dollars in transmission work yet, and when its all said and done, it will still not exceed the price of a manual swap.
If you don't mind me asking, how much was the gpxx clutch kit and torque converter? I'm having to replace mines soon and I don't wanna go manual- or pay all that money for it lol

Last edited:

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
If you don't mind me asking, how much was the gpxx clutch kit and torque converter? I'm having to replace mines soon and I don't wanna go manual- or pay all that money for it lol
the torque converter was 320 shipped, the GPXX clutch kit was discontinued so i opted for a transtar kit as seen here

http://www.makcotransmissionparts.com/RO.html

# 70006D Master kit, INTEGRA 94-95 MP7A, SP7A
Includes: overhaul kit, friction clutch plates & standard steel plates

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
the street stall max like i have? yes, might be a little loose, but with only being around a 3000 stall, shouldnt really notice it that much other then the slight drop in mpg.

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
Well this morning my engine fell out....

and before doing that, i decided to do all of this...

found out the coating on my supercharger is GONE, so i have to figure out what im going to do with that, probably just gonna strip it the rest of the way and leave it. Also finished mounting the alternator and testing the new pulley fitment and shimmed as necessary. Gonna finish wrapping the header and mounting the rest of the components to the new engine tonight.

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
If you don't mind my asking how much was the pnp for your head? And I tried looking but couldn't find what I was looking for, is there a way to set my trans to not shift until 8500 rpm? Is it capable of doing so? That's the rev limit for my new cams and max power is at 8000

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Of you don't mind my asking how much was the pnp for your head? And I tried looking but couldn't find what I was looking for, is there a way to set my trans to not shift until 8500 rpm? Is it capable of doing so? That's the rev limit for my new cams and max power is at 8000. Sorry for cluttering up your thread...

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
Shifting at 8500 is wayyyyy too much for these transmissions, you have to remember everything inside the trans probably spins at 3x that speed. The MP7A jdm transmission shifted at about 7600rpm on the SiR-G, thats about as high as I would want to go myself. Part of the reason I didnt buy cams that were pushing the power up that high in the RPM band. The input signal from the tach is what we modified to trick the trans computer to thinking that the engine is spinning slower then it actually is, that is what causes it to shift at a higher RPM without freaking the computer out, however beyond a 10% change I dont know how that would effect the drivability, remember, it effects all points on the shift range. I paid a buddy of mine 500 bucks to get all the work done on the head, including the PnP, milling, valve work, etc etc etc. But you can contact Pure Tuning I believe they do their basic PnP work for between 800-1000.

99TegLs

Your build is so interesting. Doesn't make me wish I stayed automatic with my car, but definitely, without question your build has my full respect.