Can't pull the head off my b18c1. HELP!!

CH33Z3B4LL3R

ok so here's the story.. I bought a 99 integra gsr with nothing more than an ebay tip and compression issues. the owner CLAIMS to be unaware that 91 octane was required so for 9yrs the motor ran on 87. idk the whole story to the motor. playing it safe I just ordered a complete head gasket/ tbelt kit, new valves and belts. along with an aem v2, tokicko blues, megan racing header, 2.5 cat and 2.5 Megan catback, accel ign coil and 8lb flywheel. is any part of this set up questionable?

-im waiting on pistons input.. I will stay NA so can I use itr pistons? rumor is the +.2 compression and 6hp across the band. T or F ??

anyways so I pulled the stock EM, ps pump, entire dizzy, head bolts (nobody told me they were under the cams so I felt like an idiot when I pulled 16x 3" bolts) timing belt with a HUGE 14 teeth gap, found the 10x IM bolts (bitch to get to bc of this bracket (btw can I pull that out..FOREVER??) double checked everything and finally after 45min thought I was golden.. pulled the head forward.. nothing. checked for other bolts. nope all clear. oh wait look a motor mount! pulled that out. tried again and saw a small gap on one side of the IM but my dizzy side won't budge. ok let's try UP. stood on my tower bar and bumper and pulled.. zip. 2hrs later. wtf!?! I can't find ANY bolts!!

sooo can somebody please give an idea of where to look bc I think I missed something that isn't obvious to me somewhere around the dizzy.
and oh yeah just a side note. this is my first head/engine pull.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
+.2 comp with itr pistons?? Somehow you got a figure of 10.2 going to the itr piston? Id say the hp gain is probably within reason, probably more though. I recommend keeping the im bracket because the gsr im is heavy and that alleviates the strain on the studs.

CH33Z3B4LL3R

R13 - how do I upload pix?
Nemisis - I got my figures from word by mouth
stock gsr - 10.6.1
with itr - 10.8.1
I've done a Lil bit of hmwk but its like 10ppl are saying 10 different things so I just take out what similarities their arguments have.
Gotcha IM bracket STAYS inside :)

tork_sd89

Baywatch
R13 - how do I upload pix?
Nemisis - I got my figures from word by mouth
stock gsr - 10.6.1
with itr - 10.8.1
I've done a Lil bit of hmwk but its like 10ppl are saying 10 different things so I just take out what similarities their arguments have.
Gotcha IM bracket STAYS inside :)
photobucket.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
When you post there should be an option to upload a photo or upload them offsite online somewhere (like photobucket mentioned above) and use the link button (looks like a landscape icon) when creating your post.

jdm gsr motors were 10.6 comp. Usdm is 10.0. If you have a jdm gsr motor then i wouldnt bother because its the same as the usdm itr comp(10.6). jdm itr comp was 11.0. Using a jdm p73 piston would actually bump compression to 11.6 in our motors. I hear a lot of people say to use a p30 but i cant elaborate on that because i dont have any research on it.

CH33Z3B4LL3R

ok so I took pix just to visually remember where stuff went. I'll get pix promptly. I'll make a photobucket. I really do appreciate the help guys I'll get what u need in a day or so. all I can say for now is all of the IM, EM and head bolts are accounted for.
I have a usdm b18c1.
think I misunderstood somebody somewhere l, idk honestly.
sorry guys I'll take better pix, wish I thought of that earlier but I wasn't expecting to NOT find anything that wouldn't help.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
You have extra html code in your image link. Copy the entire image url. Click the landscape button and paste the entire link into it making sure the original http already in there is written over.

Usdm b18c1 so you have 10.0. You will gain more than .2 comp going with itr pistons.

CH33Z3B4LL3R

ohh ok I see now thanks for pointing that lol im using a phone im still learning.
Soo with higher compression my turbo abilities drop, but will my mpg take a hit on obd2?

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
I dont think mpg will drop much. Going to depend on how heavily modded you are and so far it doesnt seem like it will be. Its simpler to keep your compression stock if youre going turbo but high comp turbo setups have been done. Think of it as needing the right ingredients to make a formula. Imo if you arent competition racing, keep it simple unless you have a goal for no other purpose than its what you want to do.

Nunyabidness

New Here, not to cars...
Did you manage to get the head off?? I read down through, but never saw where you got it off... Is the bracket under the IM still bolted to the block and to the IM?? That'd make it a b**** to try and get off... Besides that, you may just have to get a pry bar or big screwdriver down in between the head and block and try lifting CAREFULLY, making sure you don't scratch up the mating surface between the head and block...Hope this helps...

R13

The other asshole
Yes the intake bracket, How did i not think of that, I just did a headgasket replacement a month ago and had the same problem and it turned out to be that stupid bracket