BEWARE!!! - Skunk2 Bushings Very Brittle - DANGEROUS!!! (Pics + Video)

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
iono what to say... from all the he say she say on the internet... at this point i'm convinced skunk2 indeed has lost my trust in them. you risk my safety and endangering my life... i still want to see how they respond to this. the whole principle of... will they screw the customer over.

Last edited:

Nick_C78

This is strictly a maintenance issue. All urethane type bushings have to be maintained constantly, which I am willing to bet these were not. Has nothing to do with them being skunk2. You have to keep them well lubed with white grease or else they dry out and this happens, which is why I highly recommend oem rubber/mugen bushings for people who do not wish to deal with maintaining their bushings. Also, WURTH makes a fantastic white grease spray that works good with ES/Prothane style bushings.

Last edited:

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
This is strictly a maintenance issue. All urethane type bushings have to be maintained constantly, which I am willing to bet these were not. Has nothing to do with them being skunk2. You have to keep them well lubed with white grease or else they dry out and this happens, which is why I highly recommend oem rubber/mugen bushings for people who do not wish to deal with maintaining their bushings. Also, WURTH makes a fantastic white grease spray that works good with ES/Prothane style bushings.
^^i'll allow it and will agree for the sake of it. and say thats plausible.... but the bushings on the function 7 are flawless. no issues what so ever, they dont require lubing. the car has barely been driven. still doesn't explain the bushings to crumble like that... skunk2 itself has already admitted to the faults of the bushings in the VERSION 1 of the pro series production its on their website.

since then they released a "newer" bushing... a pro pro pro pro series version 3.o ++. so if you have the old version/production, be aware.

Last edited:

simplels

sorry about your troubles.. glad that nothing really bad happened to you while driving the car..
and thanks for taking the time to share your issues on the product with us..

the poly bushings in the top hats that came with my skunk2 pro S version 1 coilovers are perfectly fine and have not ever been greased or have dried up or cracked..
i just installed them into my new extended top hats this past weekend..

on that note, i'm so glad i went with buddyclub camber kits and function7 lca's for my new suspension parts..
although i did purchase the skunk2 pro series plus anchor bushings for the front UCA's.. i couldn't find the hardrace ones.. :(
so this kind of puts a bit of an uneasy feeling in my mind..

what do you guys think about these bushings? they are part of the skunk2 pro series plus front camber kit..

OLDSKOOLACURA

After my car is down and I enjoy for a year I might be switching my skunk2 products to something else....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

GSR_

I got the skunk2 pro s2 and there not so bad. yes there is better but compared to some out there like raceland there not to bad. i havnt had any issues so far and i have put 12k mile on them

Sammich

only reason my bushings cracked were because i sprayed PB blaster on them to stop some squeaking i had going on..which didnt help, but i emailed skunk 2 about it and they sent me the replacements for them for free

Miguel 329

Yrs ago I had all skunk2 suspension never had a issue. I know some guys are having issues: with suspension parts cuz that mad cool hella flush trend.......sigh.....:thumbdown:

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2