Most recent picture of your car!

Ryan659

I remembered my right rear tire rubs in hard left turns, gotta have that panhard bar to center the axle up first so I don't cut my new tires up. :thumbs up

Do it!! :lol: it's a blast man. I'm going in the S next weekend. Until I get my teg back

R13

The other asshole
I will, when I have $400 for a panhard bar :lol:

I honestly wanna get lca's, coilovers, new bushings for the sway bar, 3.73 ring gear and pinion kit, etc so I can remove the whole axle, clean it up, paint it and put all the new stuff in at once, but we'll see what happens, all that shit's expensive as fuck. :lol:

Plus the panhard bar bracket looks like a pain to install with both the axle and the gas tank in the car.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
I remembered my right rear tire rubs in hard left turns, gotta have that panhard bar to center the axle up first so I don't cut my new tires up. :thumbs up
Where is it rubbing? Couldnt you just roll and pull the rear wheel well out a bit from rubbing?

If your on coilovers, just raise it. There is always a way to fix issues, if you were really wanting to autox :lol:

R13

The other asshole
Where is it rubbing? Couldnt you just roll and pull the rear wheel well out a bit from rubbing?

Mayyybe but it's too close to tell, and I'd prefer to not roll my fenders if I can help it.

The problem is that I have a solid rear axle... and no bracing to keep it from going side to side. You see, that's where the panhard comes in, panhard bar limits axle movement to just up and down, no side to side nonsense

Which brings us as to why only my right rear rubs: All 99-04 mustang GT's rear axles sit about 2" to the right due to the lack of a panhard bar, which is why all solid rear axle mustangs after 04 now have panhard bars from the factory. :lol:

There is always a way to fix issues, if you were really wanting to autox :lol:
And that way is a panhard bar, or get wheels that don't stick out as far and sacrifice rear stability/predictability, and just overall make it drive like shit, so fuck that. :lol:

R13

The other asshole
You're on stock suspension and you rub :rolf:

Try driving a Mexiflush Honda with stock suspension and tell me how that goes. :lol:

And I only rub if someone's in the back or if I take a hard, and I mean hard turn. :mrgreen:

Ryan659

Try driving a Mexiflush Honda with stock suspension and tell me how that goes. :lol:

And I only rub if someone's in the back or if I take a hard, and I mean hard turn. :mrgreen:

I don't really care, was just talking shit :mrgreen: :p

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
Mayyybe but it's too close to tell, and I'd prefer to not roll my fenders if I can help it.

The problem is that I have a solid rear axle... and no bracing to keep it from going side to side. You see, that's where the panhard comes in, panhard bar limits axle movement to just up and down, no side to side nonsense

Which brings us as to why only my right rear rubs: All 99-04 mustang GT's rear axles sit about 2" to the right due to the lack of a panhard bar, which is why all solid rear axle mustangs after 04 now have panhard bars from the factory. :lol:

And that way is a panhard bar, or get wheels that don't stick out as far and sacrifice rear stability/predictability, and just overall make it drive like s***, so f*** that. :lol:
Well, damn, that sucks. I would think your struts are going out. But thats just my theory and not knowing anything about Mustangs until now. I did know about the solid rear tho

You're on stock suspension and you rub :rolf:
:rolf:

R13

The other asshole
Well, damn, that sucks. I would think your struts are going out. But thats just my theory

Nah, shocks/struts are fine, car rides great actually, smoother than my truck. It's just I have big spacers in the back and meaty tires, so with the axle sitting to the right just a touch it makes that tire rub on the fender lip.

When I install the panhard bar I'll be able to use the adjustable end links to slide the axle back over to the left and center it up with the body, which may cause both wheels to rub :rolf: but if it does I will definitely be able to just roll the lip and clear it no problem.