Most recent picture of your car!

jbrown97ls

This should be good enough for nhra too. The cage builder at Kontrolle said they've seen some ghetto stuff from the drag guys

I believe it. I'm going to upgrade mine eventually. It's good for now but when I go faster I need to make it a full cage.

Also, a lot of drag guys don't use 4130

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I believe it. I'm going to upgrade mine eventually. It's good for now but when I go faster I need to make it a full cage.

Also, a lot of drag guys don't use 4130

im not sure whst that is. Roll bars to my knowledge are all supposed to use DOM tubing and the sizing is based on weight of the car.

jbrown97ls

im not sure whst that is. Roll bars to my knowledge are all supposed to use DOM tubing and the sizing is based on weight of the car.

Correct. It's a higher quality steel. I went with 1.75" OD annnnd I cannot remember the wall thickness. Maybe 0.063? I could be way off.

Sadly a lot of guys get some shit material and bird shit weld it in. My local track does a terrible job at inspection. It scares me.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
it seems to be a thing with NHRA. And everyone wonders why people die drag racing. The guy who just died in the crx, after seeing his cage i wasnt surprised. You cant have that much power and be protected by a janky cage. I also went with the 1.75" x .095" which "saved about 7-10lb" off my original roll bar which was 1.57x.12" lol

jbrown97ls

it seems to be a thing with NHRA. And everyone wonders why people die drag racing. The guy who just died in the crx, after seeing his cage i wasnt surprised. You cant have that much power and be protected by a janky cage. I also went with the 1.75" x .095" which "saved about 7-10lb" off my original roll bar which was 1.57x.12" lol

I witnessed that wreck. I don't think the seat was properly attached either. Very unfortunate.

Dang! That's surprising. I thought it would have been around the same with you adding so much to it!

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
My roll bar was 70lb and i think they got it down to like 65lb and not sure how much everything else weighs. We plan on corner balancing it soon.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
My roll bar was 70lb and i think they got it down to like 65lb and not sure how much everything else weighs. We plan on corner balancing it soon.

So is this like a career of yours or do you just track for the fun of it? I was just curious :lol:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
So is this like a career of yours or do you just track for the fun of it? I was just curious :lol:
its just for fun. I am technically in the industry. I do graphic design/track support for a Spec E30 team and am 'lead mechanic' over a PTE classed miata while at the track. I will be doing NASA TT next year.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
its just for fun. I am technically in the industry. I do graphic design/track support for a Spec E30 team and am 'lead mechanic' over a PTE classed miata while at the track. I will be doing NASA TT next year.

Well that's cool. I see that you guys spend a lot of money for modifications so I figured that it must because you either have a lot of money or it's your career :lol:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Well that's cool. I see that you guys spend a lot of money for modifications so I figured that it must because you either have a lot of money or it's your career :lol:
I havent spent a lot of money on mods in a while...not sure what you mean.