Blowing smoke out exhaust/window problems

GSRIntegra

I have a few questions. First, I noticed for the first time today that I had smoke coming from my exhaust. This was at start up and it was sort of cold out, so I know this is normal. BUT, I'm constantly needing to add oil. I don't check my oil that often (every 2 weeks at the latest) but, when I do, it's at the min line. I couldn't make out whether it was white smoke or blue. (unless there is a DEFINITE color difference, then I think it's white) What could be the problem?

Second, my passenger door lock doesn't work. The driver side works just fine, but not the passenger. The weird thing is, when I first got the car, it was the other way around. the driver side door lock wouldn't work and the passenger side would? Now I noticed that my passenger window is A LOT slower than my driver side. I need help with this as well.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
you need a new motor for t he window and the locks just may be tangled on somethign take the the door pannals off and make sure the lock wires are fine and you are burning oil

GSRIntegra

Thanks for the quick response. That's why CI is the best!

I figured I was burning oil, but what part is bad causing me to burn oil? As you can tell, I'm new to cars and am trying to learn everything I can so I apologize if this has been covered before.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i honestly forget why you burn oil. do a quick search on our handy search bar or google

mirrorimg

Burning oil is caused by worn/bad components inside the engine. Bad valve seals, worn valvue guides, or bad piston rings.

mirrorimg

yes chris, I got new brass (tapered) valve guides put in the exhaust side. My intake valve guides were fine I believe.

I HAVE THOSE! :D yay for breaking your timing belt??? no no lol fix it now before it cause more problems!
What are you talking about? A completely different topic?

OP, you can go to a shop and have a leakdown test done to better pinpoint your problem.