12"sub???

kbplaya

k i got an extra 12" sub in my room, i was wonderin if i could put a house sub with its own amp into my car? its all ported and boxed n shit

integraR

Originally posted by "kbplaya"

k i got an extra 12" sub in my room, i was wonderin if i could put a house sub with its own amp into my car? its all ported and boxed n shit

it wouldnt sound as good...

Baldy201

how will you power it? you would need a power inverter to convert from DC to AC. The only other problem I could see is keeping it in one place. Other than that it should be just like a bass tube.

1995stockcivic

house speakers are meant to run on AC power from the reciver, not a stand alone DC power amp. Long story short, DONT DO IT, buy real subs

tYPe R iNt3GRa

in theory

In the theory of sound..... car subs and boxes are made for a smaller area. Home theater subs, they are tuned and built for larger areas. that is why u cant really build a home theater sub unless u noe a lot about audio. Car Audio is by far quite e z to work in. But a home sub in its own box would sound like shit in a car. I've personally experienced it wen i was an amatuer in car audio.