1988 Integra, NEED HELP choosing mods.

Dust-integra

I have no clue what after market performance parts that will work on my First Generation Integra. Its a 1988 Integra LS. Any advice would be helpful and considered. Thanks

1990TeGLs

Official CI Thread Jacker
U need to consider some things b4 throwing performance parts on a 1988 integra....thats really old.....how many miles does it have on it....

g3teg97

Super Moderator
Please don't title threads that just say "HELP."

It depends on what you want to do to the car. We're not mind-readers.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
1990TeGLs said:
U need to consider some things b4 throwing performance parts on a 1988 integra....thats really old.....how many miles does it have on it....
some things like what...?

If the car is maintained it doesn't matter how many miles are on it, unless you red line the car all around town.

Dust-integra

It has 183,000 about but it was an mid twenties lady car. Its in good shape for being an 88. I want it to be a one of a kind. I want it to be mostly peformance without a turbo on it yet.I want more horsepower for a cheap budget.

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
Ominous G2 said:
Fuck that, drop a B16 in her. B16 has a endless supply of mods. Might set you back about $2000 to get it done, but you will have a good 160hp to start. Pretty sure its around 135 at the wheels.

Also when he said "heres nopi" that was a link, might have caused some confusion. So I will repost his link.

http://www.nopionline.com/nopistore/dsp_clearance.cfm?makeid=010&modelid=010&catyear=1989&vTitle=ACURA Integra 1989&vtype=A&vcatid=0
Yeah do the B16 swap, I'll tell you right now we at Nopi dont have many if any parts for the 1gen tegs, I'll see what I can gather for you.

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
OK this is what I found....
Drilled Slotted Rotors
Stainless Brake Lines
Swai Bar Kit
Skunk2 INtake Manifold

graveyardhippie

http://store.racinglab.com/ac86inwedrin.html < weapon r makes an intake, and some people take the aem from like the 98 model and cut it to fit or what not. but i and most people are going for the hybrid do it yourself cold air intake. the hks filter fits rite on the end of ur stock pipe and makes for a good short ram which is what i'm using at the moment. but i'm gonna extend the pipe one way or another under the fender so to get more function out of it. pace setter, dc sports, and a couple others make short shifters. i'll prolly just go for the dc. but if u'd like, pace setter's is adjustable. they also make a full exhaust for your car. as for cams, all i've seen so far is people puttin in ZC cams for a little more lift..... that help more than mi short sentence?

g3teg97

Super Moderator
Ominous G2 said:
Fuck that, drop a B16 in her. B16 has a endless supply of mods. Might set you back about $2000 to get it done, but you will have a good 160hp to start. Pretty sure its around 135 at the wheels.
This is the best option for you by far. #1, there's not a lot of aftermarket support for the D series, engine wise. And in my opinion, you'll be spending a lot of money and not have a lot of power. Even if you can find the parts.

Hasport makes motor mounts for the G1 with a B16 engine. The B16 has loads of parts for it and are relativly easy to find.

I suggest doing research on that and suspension. The G1's are different from every other generation because they have torsion bars. You can't just get springs like G2s and G3s.

I have found www.g1teg.org to be a great resource to G1s. We have a G1 in our family so don't hesitate to ask questions.

graveyardhippie

g3teg97 said:
This is the best option for you by far. #1, there's not a lot of aftermarket support for the D series, engine wise. And in my opinion, you'll be spending a lot of money and not have a lot of power. Even if you can find the parts.

Hasport makes motor mounts for the G1 with a B16 engine. The B16 has loads of parts for it and are relativly easy to find.

I suggest doing research on that and suspension. The G1's are different from every other generation because they have torsion bars. You can't just get springs like G2s and G3s.

I have found www.g1teg.org to be a great resource to G1s. We have a G1 in our family so don't hesitate to ask questions.

if u want actual power. he's right. b16 is the best way to go. and fyi. there's aftermarket torsion bars for better support and getting lower. and the bigger corps do coil overs for the back.