1988 integra

teddyt

my integra is hard to start, when it dose start it idles up and down or sturdders, then dies, have replaced the fuel pump and filter, complete tune up cleaned the throttle body replaced tps, new timing belt kit, new coil, new cam postion sensor, can anyone give me some help with this car.

sightless117

sees all
Check spark and compression, the idle adjustment screw, and the injectors. Also check fuel quality and pressure. Make sure your fuel pump is, in fact, fully functional.

sightless117

sees all
And that's why you're going to do some research on the site and discover there is already a how to thread on lowering your car...

scottalansmith

My '88 Integra sometimes wouldn't start for a few minutes or up to an hour. It would almost catch and then die. I took it as a challenge and replaced all the things you did to no avail. I was literally 48 hours from having it towed away when I read about the "main relay" sometimes having bad solder connections.

I got under the dash, found it and got it out, and put a soldering gun to what I thought might be a hairline crack --- and that was at least 30,00 miles ago. Starts perfectly every time.

I bought a replacement relay for a spare, but I like knowing the car's still running with my own quick fix. Scott.