1994 Integra will not start, has spark and fuel to rail.

allmotor-teg

I have a 1994 acura integer with an Lsvtec with around 20k miles, one day I parked the car and I went to use it couple days after and the car will not start, the car has spark, new distributor, new oem honda spark plug wires, plugs are 2 months old,changed the fuel filter under the hood, the car is on time with a oem belt about 1 year old,tried different edu, battery is around 6 months old and I did take it to get tested and still no start, the car turns over and sounds normal but It seems to me like the injectors are not delivering the fuel to the cylinders, the fuel pump is a walbro pump. Thanks

SoundEfx

It seems as if you gave yourself a good starting point.

Change the injectors and see if it makes a difference.

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Starter fluid, give It a squirt into your intake and start the car.

If it runs it's the main relay at fault.

allmotor-teg

Changed the main relay today since mine didn't look too good and still nothing.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
1.) do a compression test and report back.
2.) how exactly are you confirming that you have spark?
3.) crank the car over then pull the spark plugs. are they all wet?
4.) can you put a fuel pressure gauge on the rail?

allmotor-teg

1.) do a compression test and report back. 205 to 210
2.) how exactly are you confirming that you have spark?Sparkplug on wire and grounding the spark plug to the frame while cranking
3.) crank the car over then pull the spark plugs. are they all wet?they are not wet
4.) can you put a fuel pressure gauge on the rail? didn't try that but I did noticed that the regulator/filter looking thing on the right side of the rail had loads of gas getting to it

zack11122

Crank the car. Break the nut loose ontop of the fuel filter. If fuel doesn't shoot out then your fuel pump is not getting power or its bad.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
I would expect spark plugs to be wet if the engine isn't firing. Sounds like it could be a fuel issue.

allmotor-teg

Should I pull the fuel pump and see if I see anything? its the only thing besides installing a fuel pressure regulator, I also tried to pull code even if the light didn't come on and see if maybe I can find something and i get one light for couple seconds then i get 9 fast flashes.

Last edited:

allmotor-teg

It was with the other p28 auto I had that's why the code but, nothing else did another compression test and cylinder 4 is reading 150 but couple days ago was way higher? I don't think ! cylinder being low wouldn't let the car start at all or I'm I wrong? maybe its time for a rebuild? Like it doesn't make cense to me how it ran fine got in vtec and it was normal, parked the car and 3 days after is not starting.

Last edited:

Ryan659

Do what Muckman said and put a fuel pressure gauge on the rail to confirm its getting fuel. Maybe your injectors are just not putting in fuel