1997' 2 door integra ls?????

soldiaboy101

i just bought a 1997 2door ls 80k miles....should i go all motor or turbo..need help--if you thikn turbo what would be the highest amout of boost i can run safetly for daily/track use. :-?

Baldy201

on a stock bottom end you can run 7-10 psi. I dont know exactly how much the cylinder walls will hold.

DownShift96GSR

Since the LS is a NON-VTEC motor, it has a good bottom end and a so so top end so your motor is turbo friendly. If you want to go all motor, you can switch out your head and have a LS/VTEC motor which are bad ass too. Most engines run safely at 7-8 psi on stock internals/bottom end. Now if you build your bottom end properly you can run 15 psi for daily/track use. If you can run that much you'd probably just want to run 7-8 psi for daily driving and then at the track or when a race calls your name, use a boost controller and turn it up to 15 psi. You can do either one, but if you stay with a full LS motor, go turbo.

All I know is that on the HONDATA website there's a LS/VTEC motor pushing 647 WHP with a turbo. Don't know what kind of turbo or how the motor is set up but that's some killer horsepower.

soldiaboy101

DownShift96GSR said:
Since the LS is a NON-VTEC motor, it has a good bottom end and a so so top end so your motor is turbo friendly. If you want to go all motor, you can switch out your head and have a LS/VTEC motor which are bad ass too. Most engines run safely at 7-8 psi on stock internals/bottom end. Now if you build your bottom end properly you can run 15 psi for daily/track use. If you can run that much you'd probably just want to run 7-8 psi for daily driving and then at the track or when a race calls your name, use a boost controller and turn it up to 15 psi. You can do either one, but if you stay with a full LS motor, go turbo.

All I know is that on the HONDATA website there's a LS/VTEC motor pushing 647 WHP with a turbo. Don't know what kind of turbo or how the motor is set up but that's some killer horsepower.
thanx for the info ima check out that hondata website...647 whp thas sick