1999 Integra Auto to manual. Opinions?

99TegLs

Hey guys, i know a lot's been said about the auto to manny swap, but here i go anyway. As a newer member here at club integra i wanted to say how helpful everyone is. So i'm going to ask for more help. Recently, i hit 155k on my 1999 integra ls with a 4-speed auto. it doesn't slip gears, or resist switching gears, but sometimes the shifts are hard. it has been flushed 3 times over its lifetime but i doubt that would help.... Anyway! down to business. I recently found a 1997 acura integra ls on craigslist with rear end damage and a head gasket problem for $1000 bucks. thing is, it has a 5 speed ls tranny. Would it be worth it to buy the car, get all the parts i need off of it, then sell it for scrap? i heard a swap is like 750 anyway and this would save me the trouble of finding them all. any thoughts? ideas? how hard would the swap be for an amateur like me? thanks guys! :):):):)

mjones73

I'd buy it, easiest way to get everything you need to do the swap is off a donor car. You'd still need some odds and ends like the auto to manual trans mount available out there.

99TegLs

But do you think i'd be making off good? $1000 bucks then 300$ FOR THE SCRAP? Could i put it all together for a lot cheaper or it would be about the same price? Thanks =)

FreshEd93

try and offer them less, even if its not by much every penny counts lol

FreshEd93

as for making off good id say yes, getting the materials for a swap otherwise would cost quite a bit more

huffmase

I would definately do it; 1. You have everything there for the swap. 2. I would love to have a garage with an integra that I can tinker around with and just rip parts of anytime I want lol

Jeffbel

Instead of scraping it you can part it out. A ls with a head gasket probelm you can still sell for up to 300. Then body panels seats exhaust cluster. Then you can scrap it for 300 :) gl

99TegLs

Alright, sounds good for all ive heard! i offered him 850 today and he took it! i'll keep everyone posted on the conversion

ATEGGY94

i know I'm new but the hard shifting on an auto integra isn't the fluid in the tranny its the mounts they say the front two are the first to go but its actually the transmission mount that makes it do that...

mjones73

he sold it to me for 875. not too shabby
Keep us posted, there's some good how to's out there on what you'd need to strip off the donor car. I'd suggest a new clutch/flywheel while you're in there and you'll want to get one of the custom auto to manual trans mounts available. I'd sell whatever else you can off it then scrap the shell.

99TegLs

Keep us posted, there's some good how to's out there on what you'd need to strip off the donor car. I'd suggest a new clutch/flywheel while you're in there and you'll want to get one of the custom auto to manual trans mounts available. I'd sell whatever else you can off it then scrap the shell.
will do!

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
I'd just sell your current car and buy a manual. I know projects are cool, but in this economy, you can't afford to lose any money.