1st Integra 91 - Advice?

NKOTB

Newb here. I know very little about cars but interested in really getting into this stuff. So I brought a 1991 Integra automatic and I'm not sure if it's GS, LS, or what. I know, it sounds ridiculous but I bought it off of someone who bought it off of someone who had it as a project car. Needed a cheap beater because that's all I could afford and that's exactly what I got. Now I'm looking to put a little work into this thing and make it more than just a beater but not sure where exactly to start. I want more power (my last car was an 00 Mustang v6) but I'm not (as of now) interested in putting this thing on a racetrack.

047 by unculturedpearlphotos, on Flickr
I'm told the engine was rebuilt and has ~40K on it and trans has 100K, can't confirm either with certainty.

As of now, I've ordered front wheel bearings, brakes, rotors and a repair manual. 100% those are needed.
Here are some other things I'm thinking about doing.
New NGK spark plugs.
Transmission flush/possible "tune up". It's shifting pretty hard
Replace rear bearings, rotors and brakes.
Switch air intake and change exhaust system; header & back cat
Maybe new shocks. Not sure yet. I'd like to take this on long road trips (i.e. 10 hr+ drives) and want the ride comfortable

032 by unculturedpearlphotos, on Flickr
I want to take out the entire interior and replace with black. New seats and change seat belts to regular 3 point that don't move

023 by unculturedpearlphotos, on Flickr
New wheels. I'd like at least 16"

Fix any rust area, mainly rear driver side bumper area. Body kit and dip the whole car

009 by unculturedpearlphotos, on Flickr
015 by unculturedpearlphotos, on Flickr
Hatch doesn't sit flush on the body. There's no leaks but I don't like the gap. Probably need a new hatch.

002 by unculturedpearlphotos, on Flickr
Front driver side headlight also isn't flush

*pictures aren't showing up for some reason. Maybe it's my browser? Nayway here's a link to my flickr page. I'll be posting pictures of my car's transformation there https://www.flickr.com/photos/118060998@N08/

Last edited:

NKOTB

After doing some wiping down and research, I found out the body is a DA9, engine B18A1 and its a LS.
Spark plugs will be replaced this weekend, along with thefront brakes and rotors + oil change