2012 civic..and Nissan GT-R

j13

Keep It Clean
this is a rant

Well thru Honda Tech, other forums and YouTube I found some Intersting info..

supposedly Nissan tried their best making the GT-R as hard to modify as possible. I dont know how they try doing this but they for sure failed by that since there are alot of 800+HP GT-Rs.

Supposedly the all new civic sports a huge k24..with only 200HP. The engine was made with Honda Tuner not in mind..since the Head, Plenum, Exhaust manifold are all casted one piece. Want a nice header on your new civic? Gotta do a head swap or maybe even an engine swap.

When this new civic gets popular..we'll all see if this is true.

I truly think they're trying to kill off the the whole scene by manufacturing weaker and weaker "Si" trims and making hybrids the new trend.

Last edited:

j13

Keep It Clean
I don't know how many Integras will exist in 10-20 years, but I know the classic will be petty limited. The RSX and Si of today, will be the Integras and EG's of tomorrow. I have a feeling this is the end of fast compact cars..bigger body, better fuel efficiency is what everyone is pushing for. the sedans these days are bigger than the SUVs 10yrs ago.

speedin

The Transporter
Models will get bigger and heavier and smaller models will rush in to fill the new gap in the market. More tech and safety gets shoved into every new model and the cars get heavier, eventually this will hit a plateau or we will see lightweight composites drop enough in price it becomes mainstream.

Until then dont sweat it, the new civic is fat and ugly anyways, who would want one. Even the last gen SI's sucked imo. All I have to say is if you want a new fun Honda, "The Fit is go!"

Last edited:

Kyle

I bet as more 9th gens come out those problems will be solved with aftermarket parts. People worried about K series when they first came out and now everyone and their mother wants one in their DCs and EGs. I personally don't like the 9th gen styling, but it might grow on me. However I'm very happy that it has the K24. I personally love the 8th gen civics and plan on buying one after college. If you want speed, buy a old EG and k swap it. Use the new civics as a sporty DD. Old cars have their own share of problems too; high mileage, theft, more maintenance costs, rust, etc.

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Old cars have their own share of problems too; high mileage, theft, more maintenance costs, rust, etc.
These are the things that make them fun. I find maintenance to be cheaper. The parts are a dime a dozen, and every parts store has them. New stuff, dealer only($$$), or special order(5days of waiting with no car). And the new stuff is hard to work on.

whitedc4

i haz one too ^^^
its a butt to work on basically the turbo is right in front of the dash on mine so all my maintenance for the turbo is basically like pulling the motor out just to do some junk but its still fun.

i like the body style way better than any other new civic the ep3 is a pissed off mini van however a bit more fun and easy to work with.. however owning a 00 si 03 si and an 08 si i prefer the 00

j13

Keep It Clean
Models will get bigger and heavier and smaller models will rush in to fill the new gap in the market. More tech and safety gets shoved into every new model and the cars get heavier, eventually this will hit a plateau or we will see lightweight composites drop enough in price it become mainstream.

Until then dont sweat it, the new civic is fat and ugly anyways, who would want one. Even the last gen SI's sucked imo. All I have to say is if you want a new fun Honda, "The Fit is go!"
The fit is cool looking when hooked up, but the 5 door hatch is a huge trend right now a d they all look the same. The 90s Honda are small and sleek..something newer hondas just dont have..

I bet as more 9th gens come out those problems will be solved with aftermarket parts. People worried about K series when they first came out and now everyone and their mother wants one in their DCs and EGs. I personally don't like the 9th gen styling, but it might grow on me. However I'm very happy that it has the K24. I personally love the 8th gen civics and plan on buying one after college. If you want speed, buy a old EG and k swap it. Use the new civics as a sporty DD. Old cars have their own share of problems too; high mileage, theft, more maintenance costs, rust, etc.
I've never heard about people worrying about the k series..swaps were being done right when the dc5 sold ha

the 8th gens are sexy. the newer Gen will be even more heavier, less power, and fugly. Honda failed again.

Cripton805

The DB2 in 10yrs will be like the CVCC today. These cars will be lost in time, and since they're only small Japanese cars..nobody will care but us.
The whole Honda scene is actually pretty big.
I think they will get more expensive once they begin to disappear.