2012 ROTY Competition Discussion

speedin

The Transporter
There wont be a hard parker award. Something like that was brought up in the past already.

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
There wont be a hard parker award. Something like that was brought up in the past already.
Just curious why not? Best suspension is basically a track award. This would basically be the opposite end of the spectrum. I guess you old balls really aren't accepting of all styles :D

Nick_C78

I agree completely. The best style categories and best interior are obviously geared towards hardparkers by default, because track cars have no interior, and the exterior gets beat to hell. :p I think the categories are fine as they are, mixing various styles and purposes and seeing what the people on the forum vote for that year is cool. Adding a bike category would be cool as well. More variety.

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
I agree completely. The best style categories and best interior are obviously geared towards hardparkers by default, because track cars have no interior, and the exterior gets beat to hell. :p I think the categories are fine as they are, mixing various styles and purposes and seeing what the people on the forum vote for that year is cool. Adding a bike category would be cool as well. More variety.
i guess I could see that, but weekend warriors can definitely have nice interiors/style in their track car. Dylan's and Patrick's are both crispy. I voted Dylan for best 94-97 and Zawn for best 98-01, both track.

Last edited:

Nick_C78

Not all track cars are weekend warriors. Some of us actually DD ours. And yeah their interiors are nice. I wouldn't call them "crispy", pictures can be misleading with track cars. I personally think their rear strut bars is what sells there interiors as well. But I seriously doubt a track car will win best interior for a long while. Unless its like Darin Nishimura's civics interior.

XjoEnX

I think the hardparker discussion was around last year too. I forgot what was said about it though. Mr. DC5 was stealing the limelight that time with supreme douchebaggery.