2500+ RPM exhuast rattle

j13

Keep It Clean
I found my exhaust rattle, I'm happy about this! if you have this problem, might wanna check the heat shield on top of the cat', it has an opening for the secondary o2. their are different spots it could be rattling, this was mine...now go check!

LSiNtegraDB7

I enjoy Integras.
Haha dude I love finding a rattle and eliminating it! Such a good feeling when you drive and don't here it anymore.

SirClints

SirClints
I found my exhaust rattle, I'm happy about this! if you have this problem, might wanna check the heat shield on top of the cat', it has an opening for the secondary o2. their are different spots it could be rattling, this was mine...now go check!
haha, thanks... mines rattle at 2000rpm. (will fix soon)

baker410

Ive been dealing with this problem for months, it does it at 2500rpm stops and starts up again at 3500. it also does it at 2500 when rpms are dropping. i took off the cat and it eliminated the 2500 buzz but 3500 and 2500 run off still testing my patience lol. any clue what else could be the culprit???

Alex3337

lol mine just started today and have no clue i just installed headers back with a test pipe and mine does it at very low RPMs 1500 wen taking off and stops bout 1700 and does it wen g2 a complete stop when im gearing down its annoyin and what i dont understand everythings tight and in correct posotion its right in the center of the car

baker410

Alex that's my problem too lol, checked all the bolts and they're all tight. I'm gonna check my header shield later on today

Alex3337

lol right, i took my header shield off mine when i installed my aftermarket ones, but that could be your problem i know they sometimes come loose my old one on my 93 civic did i just hope i find mine soon i cant stand lil rattlin noises lol drives me crazy

Cripton805

Sometimes the CAT's heatshield comes loose too. Even a loose o2 sensor. (Not Likely)

OR

Your cat's internal baffles came loose and it's done for. (Not Likely)

Just throwing it out there ;)

Adibee

Mine rattles at 3500, took out the front heat-shield but alas to no avail! Still rattles...

j13

Keep It Clean
guys, put your car up on jackstands, spend sometime under there...you'll find it

look around, move heat shields around, check if any of them are loose. sometimes small bolts will backout, break, rust off, ect ect that will make one come loose. all it takes is alot of vibration or a good pot-hole.