5th gen Prelude..?

dlo253

So my girlfriend is going to be buying a car here pretty soon. She is thinking about a 5th gen prelude. it will be an auto (smh...lol)
But i was just wondering if any of you guys know much about them, and if there is any common problems to look for. I dont really know too much about the ludes haha. Im hoping the H series auto trannys afe a little better than B series nes haha... Thanks in advance

one of my ex's had a 4th gen prelude.. thats how i kinda got into the honda scene, she had a couple of problems with it (had to replace the tranny twice)but I don't think that was her fault. Other than that she had a little rust on the moon roof..but nothing serious other than that

myxintegra

Extreme Music Addict
Trannies always have problems in Preludes. Most common problem ever with those cars so yeah, from what I heard. I would never deal with any car that has that high of a maintenance problem so frequently.

myxintegra

Extreme Music Addict
Nah they're just Preludes in general... Never made them with good trannies. You'd think they'd realize it after the first gen but nope.

dlo253

I've heard horrible things about auto tegs and civics as well... yeah, seriously tho...

Resistance92

Our tegs/preludes/older civics were made for stick. I have an auto with a rebuilt transmission. Thank GOD i didnt have the car when it went out, previous owner had to drop almost 2k to get everything fixed. It went out in 2005, so im hoping it keeps up for a few more years lol. Getting rid of it soon, need the motor mounts changed.

So to answer your question, find out more about the tranny, was it ever rebuilt? has it gone out already? Carfax might tell u if owner dont no

dlo253

Yeah, seriously...she doesnt wanna go out and buy a car to learn how to drive a stick. and she doesnt wanna ruin mine she says hahaha...

As of right now there isnt a specific one we are looking at. just seeing if there was any common issues before we even bothered keeping preludes on the list lol.

Ganyon

Just go test drive something stick and ask if you can drive it for the day to see if you like it and teach her to drive that stick.

dlo253

So, from earlier comments it looks like the manual trannys aren't good in the ludes either???

itzrivera

So, from earlier comments it looks like the manual trannys aren't good in the ludes either???
auto trannys are bad in preludes...i never really heard any complaints about the 5speed trannys in prelude. at least not when i had mine and was on preludezone everyday