'91 integra gs, which axle?

TBDakotaM

I have a '91 integra gs with a b16a and ys1 tranny swapped in. The drivers side cv axle broke, and I'm not sure which axle is needed to replace it. Some online swap guides tell me the stock axle will fit, but the previous owner of the car told me it needs a '92 GS-R axle.

Any input is appreciated.

ryukkid

beep beep
there both the same length if I'm not mistaken

TBDakotaM

Well you're both wrong. Ordered a stock axle for my car and it's not right at all.

This is what came out of my car:

Note how it is female where the halfshaft should meet the axle. The one I was just given is male.

So, which axle do I need? What the hell axle did I just pull from my car?

I'm not wrong noob.
Someone put a G3 half shaft and driver axle in your car. You need to either get the corresponding axle for that half shaft(will be 94-01 Integra) or get a G2 axle and half shaft. Also, note that the auto and manual half shafts have different mounting brackets.
From now on before you start telling people they are wrong, do your research.

da9 b20 beast

I'm not wrong noob.
Someone put a G3 half shaft and driver axle in your car. You need to either get the corresponding axle for that half shaft(will be 94-01 Integra) or get a G2 axle and half shaft. Also, note that the auto and manual half shafts have different mounting brackets.
From now on before you start telling people they are wrong, do your research.
ha good one talon +rep :)
and next time make sure u double check your info before telling someone theyre wrong....remember your the one asking for help......and talon is one of the most knowledgeable people on this site he's helped me alot with problems ive had on my da..but jst get a 2nd gen axle and half shaft and u should be set :thumbs up

Sorry for being rude. Frustrated at the time.

Could I not just order a new G3 axle?
Understandable.

You can replace the busted axle with another G3 unit to get the car back on the road.
Though, as DA9 B20 Beast mentioned, it is highly advisable to get the G2 half shaft and axle.
When/if you do get another G2 half shaft, make sure the bearing is in good condition and rotates quietly and smoothly. The only places I know of to get the G2 half shaft at a decent price is a junk yard or someone on a forum.

TBDakotaM

What are the downfalls of continuing to use G3 parts? Besides the obvious being that they weren't designed for the car.

acura_madness

What are the downfalls of continuing to use G3 parts? Besides the obvious being that they weren't designed for the car.
well there is no downfalls for it just that your whole swap is a frankenstein with mix and match it would be great to get the one for g2 so that everything can be easier plus the g2 axles are a little cheaper then the g3 ones just my 2cents plus you have a 91 so the care must be a obd0 unless the previous owner converted it to obd1 but it seems to me that all you have is g3 axles and halfshaft thats it or correct me if im wrong